Author Topic: VEMS Motronic arriving...  (Read 5577 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
VEMS Motronic arriving...
« on: March 20, 2009, 02:43:31 pm »
Hi all,
i have ordered the VEMS motronic and im looking for megatune manuals to try and understand a bit about the tuning software and what are all the figures there and how they are going to affect the engine's running whilst i fiddle around with them. I do have Marc's help but i need to start learning on my own as well.Version im getting is the 1.1.44 with 12x12 HB config.

I have tried to get the megamanual site today and it is not working.
Anyone knows where i can download those docs?

Also i already have a base map to start with,but im not going to move the car until i make the idle as acceptable as possible (although marc may have already done a good job with that)... So any info or links towards idle settings would be nice!

thanks
Vasilis

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: VEMS Motronic arriving...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »
As I understand it the Audi ECU comes complete with a disk containing the correct version of software.  Marc may be able to send you the software he recommends.

Offline AVP

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:28:31 pm »
yes i have already have the base map to work with as i install the ECU,it is what happens afterwards that i need to learn so that i can change features.

megamanual site still is down,and also the fact is that im so a perfectionist that i will want to try all sorts of changes to make things better for my car!!

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 09:20:08 pm »
I'm not sure what you're saying - you'll have the choice of MegaTune or VEMSTune software to use, and I have no doubt that if you ask Marc he'll email you a copy of it which should arrive before the VEMS.

Theres not much in the Megamanual site that will be of much help

Offline AVP

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 12:57:53 am »
I have the megatune software from marc.But when i upload the base map and look at all the features,i cannot understand most of them,and basically cannot understand what numbers they should have to work properly.

I know that Marc and anyone with the knowledge can use the numbers that are needed for an engine to work smoothly and safely,but what i want is to understand them myself.

For example, when i go to idle settings,tables,etc i want to understand what will happen if i alter the figures given so as to make most of the ECU.

Offline AVP

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 01:04:13 am »
my vems will be 1.1.44 with the 12x12 HB map.

what i firstly want to know is about the idle settings.

what is ON/OFF and what PWM/Stepper?
and then all the rest features down the line...

megamanual was giving some indication of what each feature means,but now still the website is down