Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Several Wiring Questions

<< < (2/6) > >>

rob@vems.co.uk:
Sorry I should have been a little bot more specific :-[
Aftermarket ones are normally a problem, plus the Nissan disks work perfectly in a large number of different applications.
Usually the people making the triggers don't understand how the trigger sensors work and have big tooth gaps that cause strange electrical problems and noise in the missing tooth.

Sanjuro:

--- Quote from: GintsK on March 02, 2009, 01:47:32 am ---Second WBO2 will never be implemented. No way with current hardware.

--- End quote ---

Wha?  Webshop claims 2 WBO2 heater drivers, and http://fireandfuel.ca/content/view/17/84/ claims 2 WBO2 controllers onboard.  I've been under the impression that this is the case all along...  Is it just a firmware issue?

--- Quote from: GintsK on March 02, 2009, 01:47:32 am ---Usually on OE missing tooth is placed about 90-120deg BTDC. It means first comes missing then TDC.
camsync works as reset for firing order counter. It is easiest if camsync signal comes between trigger tooth of last and first cylinder of firing order. But other position only changes first cylinder in order cycle.

--- End quote ---

This is more or less what I'm dealing with:

So that would look about right?  The 15 ATDC camsync actually coincides with the falling edge of a teeth on the trigger wheel, would that be a problem?

Sanjuro:

--- Quote from: rob@vems.co.uk on March 02, 2009, 02:42:31 am ---Don't use a 60-2 if you can help it - they never seem to work correctly.

For the VG you should use one of my 24+1 CAS disks, they work perfectly well with Hall/Hall trigger.

And there is some bareboard implementation info that I've written - it came before I did the User Guide
http://www.vems.co.uk/VEMS/

--- End quote ---

Sorry Rob for getting your name wrong, it was an embarrassing moment for me  :P

60-2 no good?  I can machine up whatever wheel pattern so we are not really limited to that.  Its just like gunni said, everyone uses a 60-2.  Unfortunately it is not a VG, it is a VQ and has no distributor.  What would you recommend as a good wheel pattern?

z0tya:
Maybe Rob think, that the big gap would be not as deep as normal gap.

Sprocket:

--- Quote from: Sanjuro on March 02, 2009, 11:05:30 am ---
--- Quote from: GintsK on March 02, 2009, 01:47:32 am ---Second WBO2 will never be implemented. No way with current hardware.

--- End quote ---

Wha?  Webshop claims 2 WBO2 heater drivers, and http://fireandfuel.ca/content/view/17/84/ claims 2 WBO2 controllers onboard.  I've been under the impression that this is the case all along...  Is it just a firmware issue?

--- End quote ---

I believe what is meant by the hardware comment is that there is no way to calibrate the second WBO2 sensor, seperately from the first. However, I find that the consistancy of sensors these days is quite close, that I dont think it really matters. I calibrated a brand new sensor, then used a sensor that had been on the wifes Seat Arosa for 30k miles, then a sensor which had been abused on the Mini with the VEMS, and a new but used sensor. ALL were within 0.2% of each other with only one calibration constant!!

As for the firmware. I asked for a monitoring only second channel, this was being looked at at the time of my asking, but, because I changed direction with the engine configuration, I never pushed it any further.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version