Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Several Wiring Questions

(1/6) > >>

Sanjuro:
Hello guys, I finally got around to signing up at the forums.  I was initially hoping to get all my answers from the wiki, but you all know how well that goes :)

I have the following questions after diving the wiki / documentation for a week.  Oh and I have v3.5 board and plan on running v1.1.18

* How do we go about wiring up the 2nd WBO2 sensor?  I tried tracing EC18 pins for a 2nd LM324 but I just don't trust myself
* Where is a good place to get the sensor connector + wire for a Bosch 17014?
* What is the definitive guide on placing the missing tooth of a 60-2 wheel?  I'm planning to use this in a Nissan VQ30DE with a 15 degree ATDC camsync (rising edge), and I have the option to rotate the 60-2 wheel however I want to.  I can't seem to find a very good guide on dual wheel placement!
* Do people actually connect injector flyback (EC36-23) to 12V prior to the injector fuse?  I've seen both!
This unassembled board is a major undertaking, I'm very tempted to write a supplement to Bob's guide after I'm done!

GintsK:
Second WBO2 will never be implemented. No way with current hardware.
Easiest way to get WBO2 connector is vems.hu webshop. Alternatively you can try any of your VAG dealers.
Usually on OE missing tooth is placed about 90-120deg BTDC. It means first comes missing then TDC.
camsync works as reset for firing order counter. It is easiest if camsync signal comes between trigger tooth of last and first cylinder of firing order. But other position only changes first cylinder in order cycle.

rob@vems.co.uk:
Don't use a 60-2 if you can help it - they never seem to work correctly.

For the VG you should use one of my 24+1 CAS disks, they work perfectly well with Hall/Hall trigger.

And there is some bareboard implementation info that I've written - it came before I did the User Guide
http://www.vems.co.uk/VEMS/

GintsK:
Sorry, Rob! what you means with 60-2 never seem to work correctly?
I have a tens of 60-2  on the road.

gunni:
And everybody who I know and their Grandma´s run 60-2s :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version