Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Any possibility to use VR sensors as wheel speed inputs?

(1/3) > >>

PeepPaadam:
Since most cars have VR sensors for ABS, is it possible to use those? As I understand it requires additional circuitry (possibly with LM1815 or the like?).

rob@vems.co.uk:
No reason why you couldn't make up a seperate LM1815 circuit and feed that into the keyboard input that Sambas is using for wheel speed input.

Rob

PeepPaadam:
I have a small problem: I don't know how to make that circuit  :-\ It would be awesome if anyone could draw a schematic or something and I could try it? Presuming it won't be helluva complicated which would defeat the purpose (i.e. vs installing a separate HALL sensor somewhere in the drivetrain).

Sprockets:
Just one thing, what is the intention for this data?  Purely datalogging?  If so, rob is right.  There is a non official firmware (if any of them actually ARE official lol) to do this which you will have to be mailed as I think it isn't public domain.

As for the circuit, a generic LM1815 isn't difficult to construct using a DIP part and a handful of discrete parts on some breadboard.  There are examples in the datasheet, but I am not saying to much more as I would only be giving bad info.

There is a lot of info about on this somewhere.  Either here or the dreaded wiki.  I remember reading about it.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing! :)

-Gavin

*EDIT*  See what happens when I type about stuff I have no idea about.  The firmware is in the software forum, samabas has it in the 1.1.47 experimental link, and looks like MWFire has it working...... I'm gonna top up on coffee!  Sorry for the mis information! */EDIT*

PeepPaadam:
Yeah, I'm aware with the PS2 input otpion but it only accepts the square wave HALL signal, not VR sensor. I'd like to make some circuit that let's me condition VR signal to square wave signal.

On a race-car wheel speed input is very beneficial and let's you see wheel-spin and corner speeds in turns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version