Author Topic: Launch Control  (Read 14229 times)

Offline Clio-wizard

• BHP: 2
Launch Control
« on: October 13, 2008, 04:08:25 pm »
Hi I'm new to the world of VEMS and was wondering if someone could help!!

I am looking at trying to set up the Lunch control. I want Ideally to be able to use a simple push button to active a 3.5k limiter!!

Is this possible and if so how do I go about doing this??

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 01:21:33 pm by rob@vems.co.uk »

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Re: Lunch Control
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 06:47:32 pm »
Lunch Control

:D

Sorry :-[

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:09:15 pm »
If you don't get on with the Wiki instructions ask for more detail here, and hopefully we'll help - also please keep us updated with any successes.

Offline Clio-wizard

• BHP: 2
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 12:51:22 pm »
I will give it a try and let you guys know!! Thanks everyone  ;D

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Re: Launch Control
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:41:28 pm »
I had a play around with this last year. I fitted a micro switch on the clutch pedal and adjusted it so that launch control was still active untill the clutch was all the way in. A momentary switch in series with the pedal switch was used so launch control was only active while the clutch is out and your thumb was on the momentary switch.

Basicaly as you sit in stage, thumb on the momentary switch, clutch on the bite point and accelerator mashed to the floor, all you need to do is slip the clutch untill the car is moving and the clutch is all the way in (set up of the pedal switch important). Launch control will not be active when you grab the next gear as your left hand will be on the gear stick and not the momentary switch ;D

Alternatively, you could just use the momentary switch and release it as and when you think the time is right.

It takes some getting used to like many of these things, but in all honesty, there is not better launch control than your left and right feet ;D

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 08:38:22 am »
I havent tested it yet as i have a butter gearbox, but i wuld just mount a switch on the clutch pedal, so when you press the clutchpedal, the launchcontrol is active,
Wuld that not be the way to do it?

I do hope that the vems allready  have built in so that the tps needs to be at wot to activate it, but maybe that is not the case,
This is how it works on the MS, and it works like a charm,

If vems dont have that , then this needs to be made in the software.

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Andy P

• BHP: 3
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 07:08:33 pm »
I used the standard handbrake dash light switch for my launch control - worked well!

Andy

Offline ermin

• BHP: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 03:37:18 am »
Hi, i dont want to start a new thread so i will ask my question here.

it goes like this...i want to enable launch control on my vems, i install switch and found scheme how to wire it on vems:  EC18 pin 16 (chanel 5) and now question is do i need also wire the +5v EC36 pin 28  or is it only for switch with light or something?
and second question is will LC work bicouse i have ford edis ignition? i wanna try with these mapping:

any suggestions or tips??

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 10:14:14 pm »
didnt wanna start a new thread so i decided to bring this back

i found this picture from rob.

my question is why 2k7? 1k is not enough resistance? 

i have the ground to a brake light switch on my clutch pedal, i dont have a 2k7 resistor or the right ones to make one.. so do i really need 2k7, can i get away with less?

sorry for the dumb question
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:28:01 am by boostd audi »
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 10:51:13 pm »
The lower the resistance, the higher the current. 2K7 is enough, 1K is "too much" (or rather = not necessary).

First check that you don't have an internal pull-up already, view -> gauge groups -> analog inputs (raw), where you can see the voltage on all inputs. All those who have a solid 5.0V reading have an internal pull-up, refer to the pin-out to find which EC18 pin they are connected to. Easy to check if you ground each pin with sensor ground (use only sensor ground, EC18-pin17 also valid on recent ECUs - you will know if you have the paper the ECU came with).

If you already have an internal pull-up, just wire the input to sensor ground via a switch, no resistor necessary.

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 03:21:55 am »
checked my paper work and pulled the case, glad i did. i have pullup and protection on my analog. so switch to sensor ground it is..

thanks again

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:25:24 am by boostd audi »
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2