Author Topic: Mat enrichment  (Read 5965 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Mat enrichment
« on: September 07, 2008, 11:05:48 pm »
Is this something that used to be build into the firmware, that we can  now configure,`

If this used to be built in, are there any standard settings?,
Or some info on why and were, and at what temp  ;)

And what is the number that we can put in, is it procent, and of what?

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Mat enrichment
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:17:11 am »
I love it when a new feature is released, the documentation explaining it is quite awesome. ::)

I'd keep it at 100% to start off with at all temperatures, then you can add more fuel when Inlet temps increase so that you can cool down the EGTs a little.

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 10:31:12 am »
OKay, so you think it´s procent?.

Right now, when i have uploaded the 1.0.78 firmware, it´s running extremly rich, so i had to take out lots of fuel, that is when there i set the table to 0, i have made a scale from -40 to +70 degrees, and only letting it ad fuel from +50 degrees and higher,but i have written 5 thinking i was adding 5procent more fuel,
but that might not be the case.

I also think my ignition is right now, meaning that i dont have to write 63degrees to get 37,5 degrees.

But i have to check up on that , later,

Maybe that cranking/starting problem is better also, but will try again tonight..

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:04:42 am »
if the IATs are getting higher, then wouldnt the EGTs get higher if lets say that the MAT table was 100% everywhere?

why is it that on most tables on high IATs i see that the % of fuel is negative? meaning less than 100??? doesnt that mean taking fuel away? how does that help the EGTs???

also, where is the documentation explaining how to manipulate the mat enrichment table?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:15:17 pm by A80Avant »

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:18:21 pm »
There is no documentation regarding the enrichment, I'd write some, but have never had the functionality explained to me.