Author Topic: Need Help within Someone who can Map asap please  (Read 4584 times)

Offline Paul1982

• BHP: 0
Need Help within Someone who can Map asap please
« on: March 20, 2010, 01:48:03 pm »
Hi All,

After nearly 7 months with not having my car its finally back.
What was meant to be a 2-3 week stint turned out to be much much more.

Anyway!

I had an Audi B5 A4 1.8t sport and had an AHC 4.2 S8 Engine transplanted into her. The car was meant to come with the OEM ECU but after many looms and other messing around this never happen (God knows why)

Siena mechanically is brilliant but electrically was never able to help - Anyway Siena's car for some reason has had its engine pop. So the guy who was finishing my car after Siena gave up did a deal where he'd supply him with a 2.8 engine so he could removed his loom and ECU and use that on mine.

This was done and installed on mine but obviously the gent who was working on it is not familier with the VEMS software and could not map my car properly.

I was told he could map the car so it could rev to 7500rpm (as the S8 should) but the Idle was wrong or he could map it for the Idle and only have it reving to 6000rpm.

Either way if someone local could PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come and help me out that would be GREAT!!.
Thanks
PAaul
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:42:33 pm by Paul1982 »

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Need Help within Someone who can Map asap please
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 04:13:13 pm »
So are you running Siennas ecu?

I tuned Siennas car and it had some serious problems. Is your engine running now?

Offline Paul1982

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:00:38 pm »
Hi Gunni,

Yeah I was told you was the one who did this - I was told you was meant to be sh*t hot too :-)

All i was told with regards to Siena's car - he swapped his ECU for a 2.8 engine as he is going back to the OEM as far as i'm aware.

So that ECU is now in my car - The car currantly starts and drives - just needs to be setup properly.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 09:17:21 pm »
Does it run better then his did?
As he had terrible driving problems.

Offline Paul1982

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 09:24:49 pm »
pm'd you Gunni