Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Fuel pump channel not grounding.

<< < (3/4) > >>

rob@vems.co.uk:
Its vital that the wire on EC36-pin26 is connected to all the other ground wires at a single point.  If 26 becomes disconnected the p259 dies.  I've written an explaination of the grounding rules here:
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FPhatBob%2FUserGuide

My concern is that your car has been running for a while quite happily, and suddenly this has happened - which suggests that the wiring has been damaged in some way.

Rob

tom70:
Good and bad news, managed to get the car running by knocking one of the p259 pin out and hard wire the fuel pump.

TPS is wierd though, when I'm on 0min and 255max setting, dial is showing 10% - 75%. TPS wizard is seeing 26min 202max

so I switch to 26min 202max on basic setting, dial is showing 0% - 100%. TPS wizard is seeing 0min 255max.

again, I switch back to 0min 255max, dial is showing 10% - 75%. TPS wizard is seeing 26min 202max....vice versa...

Not the biggest concern, just doesn't make sense.

MWfire:

--- Quote from: tom70 on July 31, 2008, 06:33:30 pm ---TPS is wierd though, when I'm on 0min and 255max setting, dial is showing 10% - 75%. TPS wizard is seeing 26min 202max

so I switch to 26min 202max on basic setting, dial is showing 0% - 100%. TPS wizard is seeing 0min 255max.

again, I switch back to 0min 255max, dial is showing 10% - 75%. TPS wizard is seeing 26min 202max....vice versa...

Not the biggest concern, just doesn't make sense.

--- End quote ---
This is normal.

Clio-wizard:
I have a very similar problem with the VEMS on my Clio!! Now and again the ground from the VEMS to the fuel pump relay drops out and I end up with no fuel pump!!

I have also grounded the relay and the pump then works!!

I really am not very good with all this and am learning very slowly but the guy that fitted it isn't being overly helpful as never seems to be avalible  ::)

I get the feeling this maybe a problem internally with the VEMS as it is intermitant and I have checked the wiring and software.

If anyone can shed some light on what I can do that would be brilliant  :D

rob@vems.co.uk:
Actually the guy who fitted it has been hassling me about it, so he has been trying to sort something out.
And I'll tell you what I told him...
In a nutshell I don't know whats happening, mainly because an intermittent fault is a pain to reproduce and isolate, when the P259 lets go, it does it properly and dies a death from which there is no return, so its a strange problem that you have.
My first suggestion is that we try to use an injector channel to drive the relay.
You'll need to identify a spare Injector channel by looking at the plug and comparing the spare slots with the connector diagrams in the UserGuide,  once you've done that post up what you find and I'll take you through the next steps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version