Technical > Wiring & Sensors

supra mk3 starting problems

<< < (2/4) > >>

ecutec:
in this config i moved coil connected to pin 34 to 24 and 35 to 36 for testing and i must doublecheck again but double flash seemed to go from cilinders 2,5 to 3,4
I also tested my vems which is brand new and car ran the same way

also one thing i noticed now with supras vems is that sometimes it gives afterspark while engine is not cranking anymore but fuelpump still on for 1.x seconds ..weird
here is a pic of the custom trigger wheel
http://www.ecutec.ee/hammas.pdf

rob@vems.co.uk:

--- Quote from: ecutec on July 01, 2008, 06:10:06 am ---in this config i moved coil connected to pin 34 to 24 and 35 to 36 for testing and i must doublecheck again but double flash seemed to go from cilinders 2,5 to 3,4
I also tested my vems which is brand new and car ran the same way

also one thing i noticed now with supras vems is that sometimes it gives afterspark while engine is not cranking anymore but fuelpump still on for 1.x seconds ..weird
here is a pic of the custom trigger wheel
--- End quote ---

what happens if you swap the coil that fires 2+5 with the coil that fires 1+6 and change the ignition outs to suit
- I find it odd that one coil works fine and the others do not.

If it gives an afterspark then you have something triggering the crank sensor only a scope will show you what the ECU is actually seeing.  When the pump is running there is the possability that the ground voltage will rise which may be injecting noise into the VR circuitry.

That trigger has huge teeth which can also cause a problem with coil hysteresis causing miss-triggers.

ecutec:
should i machine the teeth so they would be half in size? but first i will try to swap the coils and see if double spark follows the coil

rob@vems.co.uk:
Try the coil move first.  Without a scope you'll probably find getting the idea behind the teeth is impossible, most people make teeth too large, getting it right can be a problem.

ecutec:
i tried the coil swap and it was always specific coil doing double spark but im not sure why but i think it is a triggering thing
is there someone here that could convert the trigger log?
i did look with old scope but that shows in real time so i only could check for bad wiring for noise but that seemed ok....did not see the number of slopes to check the correct timing. maybe the log shows different amount of events or sth

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version