Author Topic: ECU issue, Injectors lock open and hydralock motor  (Read 14850 times)

Offline lugnuts

• BHP: 2
Re: ECU issue, Injectors lock open and hydralock motor
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 07:43:32 pm »
Don't come on here posting ~600bhp dyno charts...

...without  pictures! ;D

I'll get you pics for the projects thread. Right now the car hasnt gonbe down the track too well. It did go 11.9 at 126+ mph at 20 something psi boost. The gearing is being changed dramatically right now and the car should hit the track again in about 2 weeks.

Offline lugnuts

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 04:30:48 pm »
Rob I'll IM you a link to some pictures of the car.

The car went 11.4 at 128 MPH Friday at the track.

On Wednesday the ECU problem happened and the ecu was replaced. The new ecu was installed and two days later the problem happened again.

The mct/mcd dumps and wiring info was put on the Wiki page 2 weeks ago.

If anyone would like to take a crack at the problem be my guest.

I have now lost this customer and I am buying the ecu, harness, and labor back from him.

Project page with links:
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FKevinBlack%2FVWGTIAnother

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 08:00:15 pm »
What was repaired on the VEMS the last time?

Offline lugnuts

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 06:12:27 am »
Rob, I just put an engine pic on the project gallery here. I forgot had that thread up already!

The ECU had the mcp3208 chip burned out weeks ago after the second fuel-dump.

The ecu was replaced with another one I sold to a friend of the owner, and a day or two later the new ecu fuel-dumped as well.

I don't think the ecu itself is the problem. If it is in the configuration or the wiring I sure would like to know about it.

If the problem is related to the external injector driver, how could it cause the problems with the ecu? (loss of Comm, fuel pump relay output stuck On, burned mcp3208 chip)

I'd like some sort of standardized test (run current thru them?) to do to the grounds so people don't go off automatically blaming them right off the bat.

My first VEMS build, #857, has been flawless. I modified this ecu to a PnP Motronic 68 pin application and it has been in two cars now, a 1995 GTI with a 16v head and now today my VR6 Passat. I am going to drive this car every day for a week or two to see if any problems pop up. This ecu has the same 1.0.73 firmware and a similar calibration.

Offline lugnuts

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 12:54:28 am »
A few updates. The ECU#857 is still running strong in my daily driver.

The car/ecu which this thread was started about is running again. I changed from the FJO Injector Driver to a Honda resistor box. Also I ran a new ground wire (10 awg) for the GND5.
This car has had no problems in about 2 weeks so far. I will be re-tuning it in a week or 2, hopefully the resistor doesnt decrease the performance much.

I have done a VW GTI VR6 Turbo with a VEMS ecu, again using 1000cc low-z injectors and it is running an AEM Peak and Hold injector Driver. this car has been running for about 4 weeks and the performance is good.

I will be sending the FJO injector driver back for testing. I still am not sure what caused the original problem.