Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Boost vs Vehicle Speed

(1/2) > >>

danmartin:
I was wondering if someone has thought of implementing a Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) input and using it to control boost. This comes up in my case because I don't want to use Boost vs. RPM because I would like to keep all my boost in higher gears while limiting it in low gears. I figure VSS is an input similiar to a trigger and perhaps the secondary Trigger could be used on cars that don't have a cam sync, or an anolog input could also be used, thoughts?

mr_g:
Another board with ATmega8, or ATmega32 could be used to meassure speed... Only, I don't know how to tell VEMS to lower boost... This could be a advanced boost controller based on VSS... But better yet, I was thinking about measuring all wheel speeds with ABS sensor and making real Traction Control and Automated launch control... Measuring this speeds isn't problem... How to tell VEMS to lower boost is a problem... For me at least... :D

rob@vems.co.uk:
I am pretty sure that if you build the board and get some data from it, the VEMS developers will do the boost lowering code.

mr_g:
Thank you...
I have a few ideas, and now I'm in process of installing VEMS in my car... After it's working, I'm going to some heavy advancing... :D

Bat:
Hi,
I'd have thought triggering the launch control input ot VEMS would help lower engine  power until more grip is obtained. Failing that, code to retard timing or cut 1 in every 4 injection pulses until grip was regained would be another good one...
Cheers,
Gavin :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version