Author Topic: simple question on boost control solenoid  (Read 5373 times)

Offline dannyho

• BHP: 1
simple question on boost control solenoid
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:21:12 pm »
From the documentation I've read, it seems like in order to use VEMs for boost control you have to give up one of the 8 injector drivers. I plan on running 8 injectors sequentially, so does that mean I'm out of luck and will have to run a separate unit to control boost (or go manual)?

on a side note, is it difficult to use a VSS input to work as a speedometer? I'll probably be using megatunix though, not megatune

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: simple question on boost control solenoid
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:30:38 pm »
You can use an ignition channel if you prefer.

Can you put your car on the projects page so we know what you're planning on doing?
 ;D

Offline dannyho

• BHP: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »
oh believe me I'd love to, it will get up there as soon as I have an engine and something that looks nice enough to show the public.  it's tough with a 36 year old car.

the info helps, even though i was planning on running sequential ignition too, but i'd rather run waste spark than batch injection.  any info on the speed sensor?

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 07:37:06 pm »
You could use one of the high current ancilliary drivers (Marked as Drive A and B on the pinout diagram) to power the solenoid if these are still available - Are they Rob?  I know I used them both on the TVR. 

I'd avoid the P259 for this, since it can only source 300mA, and the boost solenoid is likely to need at least 1A