Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Output chanel Usage

(1/3) > >>

Sprocket:
There is the obvious output usage. I am looking for others to control an emissions purge valve on engine temp.

List of output i am looking for

Cooling fan

Fuel Pump

Tacho

Purge Valve

Possibly boost control.

Also on the subject of outputs. The heater for the WBO2 is controlled by VEMS directly. Can I wire this through the original relay and have VEMS control the relay. From the wiring diagrams I see a +ve 12v direct to the WBO2, is this grounded by the ECU, in which case i could use the relay in its place and then ground the heater throught the relay instead of the VEMS.

rob@vems.co.uk:
The cooling fan & fuel pump relays are catered for in the software, you usually use the P259 output of your choice (its configurable in MegaTune).
The Tacho is available via FET or IGBT, I think dnb is going to sort that out for you.
Purge Valve is something that dnb wants too - we dont support its operation at the moment.
Boost control is again via FET.

The WBO2 heater must be controlled by the VEMS using a feedback system, the heater's state is constantly monitored to ensure that the signal from the WBO2 (the Nernst cell) is correct.  Just give the sensor a 5A fused 12V supply and have one less relay to go wrong in your car.

dnb:
Not quite true about the purge valve.  I had (before I took the whole car apart!) the purge can connected to one of the high current FET outputs of the VEMS.  (Misc Output A on EC18 connector IIRC) 

It was set to run an approximation to a purge cycle during a very narrow window of MAP, RPM and TPS just below cruise - so that every time you lifted off, the can was purged quite agressively for a few seconds.  We just need proper code to do this - the hardware is suitable, so you can wire it up now.

Sprocket:
I was looking for just an out put switched on engine temp, im sure the purge valve is energised on all the time above a certain engine temp??? don't know for sure, i'm off to research that ???

rob@vems.co.uk:
You have two triggers on temperature.
In MegaTune go to Extras->Fan/Water pump/Fuel Pump
You can use the Water pump output to control which ever type of driver you want to configure it with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version