Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Wideband Setup Problem

(1/3) > >>

bcool:
Im trying to get this wideband installed and calibrated and something kinda strange is happening I'm to the step of the calibration itself and whenever i turn on the key my injector(s) start going crazy; i can hear them clikcing about 10 times a second or so.(My fuel system pressure is at 0 so i dont have to worry about flooding the motor). It only happens when the wideband sensor itself if plugged in. I just checked and everything looks good wiring wise to the ECU. Is there an interference somehow with driver outputs?

Also i swear i can hear a whining noise from the VEMS box itself.

dnb:
whining noise from the VEMS is fairly normal - it's a bit of electrical noise from the heater FET.

It is not normal for the injectors to switch like that!  Assuming your wiring is all ok, I would suggest there may some noise getting into your trigger, or you have a problem in your config that doesn't show up in Megatune

bcool:
Yeah i played with it a bit. when i first turn on the ecu the injectors just have a constant buzz to them and it doesnt register on the Tach in megatune. then about 5 seconds later it will flash up 3000 RPM and pulse like that for a while. It ended up blowing my coil fuse.  My trigger lead is seperated from the rest of the harness right now so i dont think there should be that much noise going through the wiring itself. Heres my config files.

--- Quote from: bcool on February 27, 2008, 07:40:05 am ---This is a bit cleane

http://myweb.cableone.net/mjbless/mcdfeb08.txt
http://myweb.cableone.net/mjbless/mctfeb08.txt

--- End quote ---

^ Those are minus my wideband calibrations.

dnb:
I doubt the ECU is damaged - there's little evidence to suggest so at this point.  Noise in a circuit can do incredible things - I suspect you might have a ground problem.

bcool:
Any ideas for finding the source of the issue?

On a lighter note i hit full boost tonight for the first time Wooooo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version