Author Topic: Install from scratch  (Read 3689 times)

Offline hearbear

• BHP: 0
Install from scratch
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:17:28 pm »
Sorry if been covered already.

Is there an step by step from start to finish of fitting a VEMS setup. I like the look of it compared to others around and saw sevensports setup at a Stylus track day. I am building a Stylus with a 3.9ltr rover and not knowing a lot about this would like to do some reading on the vems from what I need to fitting and setting up.

Cheers George
webmaster @ www.skcc.co.uk

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
Re: Install from scratch
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 12:44:32 am »
I've done a couple of "complete scratch" installs - ie rewire the whole car type affair.  One of them was a heavily modded Rover v8 in my TVR.  I tried to document what I did on the VEMS wiki => http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FDavidBlades

I'm not sure I documented everything because a year later I tore the car apart for a complete rebuild. 

Rob's userguide is a good document.  It covers just about everything you need to know assuming you have a bit of  electrical knowledge.

I believe there's a ready made engine wiring loom available that would even cover a sequential injection/wasted spark v8.  All you'd need to do is plug everything together and provide power and ground.

Offline hearbear

• BHP: 0
Re: Install from scratch
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:24:25 pm »
cheers dnb

That should keep me going for a while. Also give me time to move the kit build on and collect parts for the vems setup.

George
webmaster @ www.skcc.co.uk