Technical > Wiring & Sensors

A/C Support

<< < (2/3) > >>

rob@vems.co.uk:
Activation of a fan could be added with a twin pole relay.

I guess it depends on what the car does as standard - if we can define it we can design something to suit.

Fan control will be provided by VEMS based on coolant temperature, it would be possible to control a second fan using the water pump control

Sprocket:
If the Misc outputs had temperature and input selectable fields, then anything is possible, and truely would be misc outputs.

I assume this is a firmware subject

??

rob@vems.co.uk:
If we want an aircon control feature we need to define its exact operation.

The thing is that Aircon is a road car feature and that not what VEMS was ever designed for.

Bat:
Hi,
I know a little about AC  ::)
The pressure switch is normally a multi function switch. HP and LP contacts kick the clutch out if too high or low pressure is in the system. These basically stop it exploding or killing the compressor.
The other function is a mid pressure contact which activates the cooling fans, usually engine fan but can be independent....
Another feature I've seen used is AC disable if engine temp gets too high. This kicks the clutch out to allow the engine cooling to take priority, when the condenser is mounted in front of the radiator.
Cheers,
Gavin :)

Sprocket:

--- Quote from: Sprocket on January 09, 2008, 12:14:47 pm ---If the Misc outputs had temperature and input selectable fields, then anything is possible, and truely would be misc outputs.

I assume this is a firmware subject

??

--- End quote ---

This feature could be used in Many Many ways not just for AC.

If you have the functionality of the inputs and outputs you can do anything, not just control AC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version