Author Topic: VEMS using stock harness 4age 20v  (Read 5522 times)

Offline choco

• BHP: 0
VEMS using stock harness 4age 20v
« on: December 30, 2007, 03:03:59 pm »
Hi, would it be possible that the vems can control the stock ae111 sensors and ignition so i could make a pnp jumper harness. Would i have to mod the stock dizzy pickup(12-1) or would it be easier to just bolt/weld on a crank wheel.Thanks.....

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: VEMS using stock harness 4age 20v
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »
Using the Raw crank pulley is such a good idea because of the accuracy you get with it.  Theres no reason why the late 20V trigger pattern wouldnt work, there may be noise issues to overcome though.  It all depends how you explorative you want to get.

Rob

Offline choco

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 01:01:11 am »
Ive read megasquirt users having problems with noise from the dizzy alright. Thanks....

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 11:13:38 am »
I've had the trigger working on the bench using a pillar drill to turn it.  But this is a long way from the erratic signals you'll get when cranking with battery voltages flying all over the place.  We've learnt a lot about noise filtering from the Audi triggering system, but it can be a slow and labourious process to get these things working.

Rob

Offline choco

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 05:18:17 pm »
Id say its not worth the hassle for me, when i could use the crank wheel. Thanks agian rob. Would be cool to use VEMS as a PNP, but i wouldn't have the time nor patience to get it to work. Megasquirt users seem to have problems at 5500rpm.