Author Topic: what i want to do  (Read 17672 times)

Offline richard s

• BHP: 1
Re: what i want to do
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 07:59:35 pm »
it is racings set up
my goal is a car that ticks over at a reasonable level (unlike at the moment) and nice and drivable i dont care if it looks like frankenstiens ugly brother under the bonnet it just needs to drive nice
i would rather use the easiest option even if that is not always the cheapest
at the moment i do not really know the lay out of this car as all i have done is fit a downpipe/wings/backpanel and some welding car failed mot and i then put car on back garden and have not touched it for a couple of years as i got stuck as to why it would not tick over properly after i changed idle control valve then got married and then we had a baby then i bought a mk2 golf gti so spare time is a bit short at the mo but once i get enough info i can start stripping the car and will soon find out where things are
as for the vacuum tube what is this attached to at the moment

Offline Chris Martens

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 10:22:47 pm »
Richards,

height adjustment of the front lights as well as air distribution warm and cold are vacuum driven in the 190E.

There is a fuel consumption indicator in the instrument cluster, that in fact is an analog MAP meter. :)

regards,
Christian

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 11:07:08 am »
I spoke to Jorgen about this, and all that has been said about the trigger is correct.  This engine works extremely well with batch injection, you can set it to fire sequentially for fine fuel control without any HC issues.  Also Jorgen tells me that this engine needs a lot of spark energy so keeping the distributor is the best bet.

As for running a boost tube, I tend to use copper brake pipe for the long run through the engine bay and fire wall, and shorter lengths of silicone tube to connect the manifold and the VEMS to the brake pipe.

Offline richard s

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 08:28:37 pm »
other than running tube from manifold to ecu what else is involved in setting up map

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 08:14:22 am »
I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean the Manifold Air Pressure map or the fuel and ignition table maps?

Offline richard s

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 08:42:41 pm »
sorry rob keep forgetting that there is more than one meaning for map
but i meant manifold air pressure sensor is it a case of connecting a tube to the ecu or is there any aditional wiring etc needed to make it work before configuration is started

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 06:40:37 pm »
The MAP sensor is built-in so all you need to do is run a tube to the VEMS.

Offline richard s

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 08:45:07 pm »
so to make vems work sensor wise i need inlet air temp/throttle position/hall/coolant tempx2 (extra1 if i want to convert to electric cooling fan)
does that sound right or have i missed something
cheers

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 09:53:08 pm »
You have PM mate.

Offline richard s

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008, 09:13:44 pm »
hi rob the loom mentioned in your email does it come labeled up for correct sensor wiring etc does it come needing cutting to size and plugs fitting also will there be some wires left over once loom is connected

Offline richard s

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 07:30:54 pm »
i have been reading through the instalation instructions and it states that vems is available with 5 different ignition channel outputs as i will be using a single coil i was wondering what would be the best option for my set up
cheers

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 10:30:08 pm »
It has 8 outputs that can be setup as either 5v (logic) level control, IGBTs for direct coil drive, and there are four stepper motor drivers for higher current external igniters.

The loom has a whole load of connectors:

You will need to cut some of it to size but in general its pretty sorted.
The schematics are here:
http://www.vems.hu/download/harness/V3Harness/2007-06-23/
Its the same basis for the schematics I've done here:
http://www.vems.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=398.0

Offline richard s

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 08:40:25 pm »
on the schematics you have done
the sr20 one upto the cop part i take it this stands for all cars except different cas types
also as i am using single coil from pin 35 does vems come already set for this or does it have to be ordered with pin 35 set for a coil drive
cheers

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 09:06:08 pm »
We can work out a wiring schematic specifically for your engine, I'm close to finishing off the Toyota 1JZ and 2JZ engines, if you are driving the coil directly then you'll need at least one IGBT, I'd go for a 6 IGBT setup first, as that would give you the option to go to COP or CNP later on.

Rob

Offline richard s

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2008, 08:25:31 pm »
so the coil doesnt have to be run from pin 35 it can be run from any of the ignition pins that are set for igbt is this right
a schematic for my engine would be excellent
cheers