Author Topic: MAT Sensor Length  (Read 5093 times)

Offline MTRacing

• BHP: 4
MAT Sensor Length
« on: January 05, 2008, 03:41:10 am »
Greetings!

I'm attempting to find a MAT sensor long enough to use an existing 3/8" npt port on my Edelbrock Victor E manifold.  The problem is this area has 1 1/2" :o of material from the outside surface to the inside of the port! I just received an MSD 2320 MAT sensor and it measures 1 3/8" from the tip to the underside of the hex nut leaving the sensor tip shrouded in the hole.  This sensor would need to be at least 1/2" longer to extend it properly into the airflow. 

Can anyone verify the length of the VEMS Webshop MAT sensor from the sensor tip to the underside of the hex nut? I believe that I can find an adapter to convert the M14 threads on the VEMS sensor to 3/8" NPT.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a good source to compare the specs and physical measurements of various sensors?

Any help would be appreciated as finding the right sensor might prevent removing the intake for modifications!

Thanks!

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: MAT Sensor Length
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 06:11:35 pm »
I've measured the one we use and its 1.5" long.

Offline MTRacing

• BHP: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 01:13:16 am »
Thanks Rob!

Any ideas about an on-line source that has specs on other MAT sensors?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:50:53 am »
I'm afraid that I don't.  At the end of the day the sensor is just a thermistor, if you took some externally threaded tube, mounted a radial thermistor http://shop.vems.hu/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_12&products_id=54&osCsid=09e36145bad4b00a9d856e1266895ab4 so that its body was proud of the end and filled the tube with epoxy, you'd have a sensor of what ever length you'd like.

Rob