Technical > Wiring & Sensors

sr20det nvvt

<< < (3/3)

rob@vems.co.uk:
The key part is getting the resistance of the VVT solenoid, controlling it is easy.  Getting it right might take a little longer.

From what I've been lead to believe, the VVT is done to allow cam timing at top end that would cause emissions issues at low to mid range. The issue of not kicking the VVT off when the car is in neutral might have something to do with raised RPM static emissions, I'm guessing this a grown-up may be along later to tell us properly.

Of course if this is an issue it would be simple enough to use the neutral switch externally.

Rob

damo_S13:
ok cool. im hoping to have the engine in all tho will have no exhuast system :( end of next month so will have to have a play then

s14nismo:
The sr20det variable cam timing is notoriously unreliable and usually makes an annoying rattle just off idle :(
 Nearly all big power sr20's junk the system alltogether and use a vernier pulley to fix the timing.
It made a vast improvement on my engine, it ran quieter and totally smoothed out the power delivery from the mid range onwards
So i'd recomend it to anyone! the results on the dyno sheet also see a smoother torque curve and no detectable loss of Hp.
 And its one thing less to worry about when tuning! ;)

damo_S13:
ah i see, i was thinking of keeping it as im build a track car to run in timeatack this year. payed the entry fee now :)

think i will start a thread on sxoc about it

thanks
damo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version