Author Topic: Idle control works intermitently....why?  (Read 11874 times)

Offline RazOn

• BHP: 0
Re: Idle control works intermitently....why?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 07:49:58 pm »
Here's is a video of the throttle body control. You can see that the control is not linear, but it does SOMETHING  ;D
https://youtu.be/SNzg0KqgRKA
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 08:15:25 pm by RazOn »

Offline RazOn

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 07:52:04 pm »
Here you can see what happens if I have the Min PWM set at 16. This is good for when the air is cold, but with hot intake air, the engine just dies when revs come down.

https://youtu.be/ZelESADOLV0

Offline RazOn

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 08:02:07 pm »
And finally, in this video, exactly the same settings as above, but the min PWM raised from 16 to 19.
You can see how the engine no longer dies; I would be super happy with this.... but with this setting, the engine would idle at 1400-1800rpm when IAT is cold.

https://youtu.be/u6kNQ5iI8Nc

Offline RazOn

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 08:13:56 pm »
I know cold weather here is maybe a special case, but here's something to think about:
This car has a dual plenum intake manifold. The IAT sensor is fast responding (not like some other sensors out there) and it's located right next to the intake runners, just before it goes in the engine.

If driving normally or idle (small air flow in the engine) the intake manifold gets hot, and even if the intercooler cools the air, it's hot again by the time it gets in the engine.
If I "step on it" a little the airflow increases and it cools down the intake manifold...therefore the air is cold under boost, and then for a little time after coming off boost.

Now, consider all the stuff you've seen in the videos and you'll understand why this is a problem for me  :D

Which idle valve works good with VEMS?
If anybody has suggestions on how to make this better, please let me know.
Thanks!

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 09:15:24 pm »
I know cold weather here is maybe a special case, but here's something to think about:
This car has a dual plenum intake manifold. The IAT sensor is fast responding (not like some other sensors out there) and it's located right next to the intake runners, just before it goes in the engine.

If driving normally or idle (small air flow in the engine) the intake manifold gets hot, and even if the intercooler cools the air, it's hot again by the time it gets in the engine.
If I "step on it" a little the airflow increases and it cools down the intake manifold...therefore the air is cold under boost, and then for a little time after coming off boost.

Now, consider all the stuff you've seen in the videos and you'll understand why this is a problem for me  :D

Which idle valve works good with VEMS?
If anybody has suggestions on how to make this better, please let me know.
Thanks!
any idle valve with 2 pins, ones from 2.2 20v audi works fine, just dont forget to put diode on the output
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com