Author Topic: ETC configuration/analog  (Read 4063 times)

Offline Matus

• BHP: 0
ETC configuration/analog
« on: November 08, 2015, 07:12:39 pm »
Hi,        ECU SN: 11812

I start working on ETC. BMW E46 automat pedal has been connected. I realize that actually I can't set any analog channel in application as PPS. I had only CH7 free from available(EC18) so used it as PPS1 but now the problem is where I can connect PPS2 ?

BTW PPS1 is working well

Offline Matus

Re: ETC configuration/analog
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 05:01:06 pm »
I forgot to mention that I will have probably the same issue with TPS2 as there is not 'dedicated' port ...

However I have seen that for example security relay "pin" have also "source" field so this issue is not there. Would it be possible to have this also for PPS2 and TPS2 ?

For guys that can't see documentation of my ECU regarding SN .. My case is "special" as I have two WBO2 & two KNOCKs all using EC18 .. also two EGT.

project page : http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FBmwNoVanosVEight

Offline Matus

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 12:59:48 pm »
My pin-out table :  http://www.vems.hu/files/MembersPage/Matus/VEMS%20STUDY%20Swina%20V2.pdf

... still didn't get any response or advice. So it seems that I will need to run without TPS2 & PPS2 reference.

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 02:16:09 pm »
Hello Matus,

When you need an ecu with many options but also would like to retain many analog inputs, you can ask for this in the order form so the ecu can be prepared with a special extra breakout ec10 connector to facilitate the extra functions. Running without TPS2 and PPS2 is possible, although not recommended for safety reasons.

Best regards, Dave

Offline Matus

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 11:07:13 am »
Hi Dave,

In first thanks for your answer.
Actually my ecu was ordered with all inputs and outputs so Marcel already did there this "extra" 10 pin flying loom connector.
However the issue is that you can select channel number within ETC settings but can't set channel source.
Issue here  would be my obvious lack of knowledge, actually I didn't found "mapping" of analog channels to the pins.

Offline Matus

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 12:14:40 pm »
OK OK, I got it. :D

So analogs from that 10 pin are analogs from that Econoseal 10Pin . I was confused by the fact that I used analog from EC18/12 for initial test and didn't have anymore available on this connector.