Author Topic: Low voltage on TPS  (Read 5220 times)

Offline jm motorsport

• BHP: 0
Low voltage on TPS
« on: July 24, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »
I have some problems with connecting a Penney Giles contactless TPS sensor. I have 5v in the connector  when the TPS sensor is disconnected. I have tested the TPS with an Arduino at 5v at works like a charm.

But when i connect the TPS to my VEMS box  i only get 2.7v  at +/-. output is zero probably due to low voltage. Any ideas?

TPS is a SRH280DP:
http://www.autosportsensors.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Motorsport_brochure.pdf

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Low voltage on TPS
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:47:21 pm »
try to connect it to 5v and not tps supply :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:15:00 am »
You should disconnect the upload resistor to the 5V supply on the genboard which build a voltage divider with the tps internal resistor.

Offline jm motorsport

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 06:08:36 pm »
Hi, connected it to 5v supply and i now get a signal but something is very wrong. When i tested the TPS with a 5v supply from an arduno the voltage out worked like a charm from 0-5v. But with VEMS i get no response when i turn the tps

VEMS get some sort of signal in, it starts 48 and then increases slowly up to around 110. But nothing happens when i turn the TPS in the calibration tool

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 08:49:52 pm »
Hi, connected it to 5v supply and i now get a signal but something is very wrong. When i tested the TPS with a 5v supply from an arduno the voltage out worked like a charm from 0-5v. But with VEMS i get no response when i turn the tps

VEMS get some sort of signal in, it starts 48 and then increases slowly up to around 110. But nothing happens when i turn the TPS in the calibration tool
just check your wiring :) seems that you are not getting any voltage to tps at all
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline jm motorsport

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 06:21:03 pm »
Checked, get 5v to the TPS now, and get a signal, but it just floats.