Author Topic: United sensor mapping database  (Read 5955 times)

Offline Matus

• BHP: 0
United sensor mapping database
« on: July 16, 2016, 12:04:55 pm »
Hi Guys,

I will start with question ... why we don't have already database of tested reference maps for sensors like MAP MAT IAT etc.

We are using the same universal system however there are not so much sensors on the marked and everybody smart is using what has been delivered with engine from the factory. Sure .. till it meat band...  And as you know factories are using mostly sensor from few vendors which would mean that this database will not be something like big data issue... :D

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
Re: United sensor mapping database
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 01:22:28 pm »
The  CLT and MAT sensor curves may be ECU depend even for small percents. It does not take much time using a variable resistor in place.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 05:58:12 pm »
The request is fully valid, but who will do it?

It needs to be done in a controlled situation

Offline fphil

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 06:44:46 pm »
I am not sure you get for 100% the same CLT or IAT curves from one ECU to another... and really it does not take long to make a dozen of curve points.
Of course you should check the sensor for a possible offset on the resistance slope (given by the specs) of the sensor which is linear. But in any other approach one should do it as well.

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 08:54:32 pm »
I am not sure you get for 100% the same CLT or IAT curves from one ECU to another... and really it does not take long to make a dozen of curve points.
Of course you should check the sensor for a possible offset on the resistance slope (given by the specs) of the sensor which is linear. But in any other approach one should do it as well.

You certainly don't...

Good example is the curve I have for US OBD2 BMW M52/S52... the curve and values are VASTLY different compared to the stock ECU.  To the point it's not even worth using them at all.  Maybe most aftermarket ECU's will be closer that I do not know.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 09:02:27 pm »

You certainly don't...

Good example is the curve I have for US OBD2 BMW M52/S52... the curve and values are VASTLY different compared to the stock ECU.  To the point it's not even worth using them at all.  Maybe most aftermarket ECU's will be closer that I do not know.
all depends on the pullup resistors which are used inside ecu :) if it had same one like any other aftermarket ecu you could use them from it, ecumaster has some values, vipec has some too, dont remember motec :) but it all depends on internal pullup resistor
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline fphil

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 10:11:07 pm »
Between 2 identical ECUs you may have 3-5% difference in the value of the divider resistor  hence on temp. This is not much a matter, but why not to make it right?