Author Topic: General hi de hi  (Read 3791 times)

Offline driftben

• BHP: 0
General hi de hi
« on: December 07, 2015, 08:49:07 pm »
Hi all,

i thought id pop by and say hi as im sure i shall be boring you all with my many questions........

I have BMW V8 M60b40 which i have rebuilt and currently twin turboing, im looking into a Vems install as iv been advised against Megasquirt.
baring in mind im very new to the standalone world is there anything i need to watchout for (other than making sure the grounds are right and tight).

any suggestions on sensor etc?

Thanks a million  ;)

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: General hi de hi
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:38:27 pm »
just change intake air sensor to one suitable for turbocharging, all other stuff no problem :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline driftben

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 08:43:37 am »
Oh right great news thanks,
what temp range would I be genuinely looking for?

And does the VEMS come with a base map?

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:15:49 am »
For intake temperature sensor use
https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/sensor-p-115.html?osCsid=203a4ba98192784ee455c45f323b1cde

i did few bmw v8 4.4 to turbo(60 till 80mm turbos), stock engine can handle more than 1bar of boost with good mapping without a problem.

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 11:40:20 am »
I would recoment to retorque head bolts berofe boosting it it's stock engine  ;D
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline driftben

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 10:10:26 pm »
MWfire we have many things to talk about by the sounds of it  ;D
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on the MAT sensor, will I need a new hall sensor as well?

Kamuto I have does exactly that, I have ARP head studs and conrod bolts so they should hold things together nicely  ;)

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 11:26:00 pm »
MWfire we have many things to talk about by the sounds of it  ;D
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction on the MAT sensor, will I need a new hall sensor as well?

Kamuto I have does exactly that, I have ARP head studs and conrod bolts so they should hold things together nicely  ;)
nope, it should work with stock crank cam sensors :)
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline Matus

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 02:25:07 pm »
For intake temperature sensor use
https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/sensor-p-115.html?osCsid=203a4ba98192784ee455c45f323b1cde

i did few bmw v8 4.4 to turbo(60 till 80mm turbos), stock engine can handle more than 1bar of boost with good mapping without a problem.

True but keep on mind that there is big difference between M60 and M62. It is not obvious from outside but

M62 have forged crank nitride, “forged” rods and pistons and also nozzles that cooling pistons with oil.
Actually M62 have comparable internals with M-power except rods which are Powder metallurgy which is stronger than casting lighter than real forging but not that strong.
There is guy well known in Hungary  LuckyBoy who have E30 pickup. He has supercharged M60 that handle it ½  of season and then he use M62 that don’t have issues.
Fill free to correct me who know him directly :D