Author Topic: What's up with my TPS and MAP?????  (Read 19421 times)

Offline bcool

• BHP: 0
Re: What's up with my TPS and MAP?????
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 09:18:23 am »
Okay so possibly a great breakthrough. I dug up one of jason's more recent config files and input it into the ECU just to test it for cranking. In doing so I now have a working TPS. I can make full sweeps from 0 to 100 now that it's calibrated. I still dont have a working RPM trigger though. well not that i can see anyways. The only thing that seems weird to me is that the MAP is locked at an even 100 kPa. What should i look into for this?

Heres my old config file:

http://myweb.cableone.net/mjbless/vems/configbackup.txt

And the new config i put into the ECU:

http://myweb.cableone.net/mbless/vems/config.txt

Offline bcool

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 10:40:13 am »
I changed the Maximum kPa to 250 and the offset to 0 and It hovers somewhere around 23 kpa and when i blow/suck on the vacume tube it does not change. In his notes of him using the config file i have he says that he has been experiencing a similar issue.

Can someone give me a hint at what to look at to solve these problems bench testing (firmware 1.0.69):

* MAP doesn't move with pressure changes
          o Pin 3 has 4.97V, pin 1 is ~1.8V -- seems right, just not represented through the AVR
          o Calibration in basic settings (kpafac), depending on map sensor range, fine tune with offset
                + I screwed up the map sensor range and the kpa fuelcut settings somewhere along the line, fixing that solved the MAP problem and the injection problem too.
    * Fuel injectors don't fire
          o There's +5V at the input of the injector driver, 0V on the output of the injector driver (no pulses from the AVR).
          o caused by the bad map sensor calibration in combination with low kpa fuelcut
    * Setting up IGN_DUAL_OUT for channel 0+1, and 5+6 only 1 and 6 flash with signalgen trigger applied
          o Broken in firmware 1.0.69, run 1.0.71 instead
                + Going to 1.0.71 worked wonders. Thanks! I added a note to the 1.0.69 section of the firmware page too. It was there, but I added it in a more logical place for me at least.

Offline bcool

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 05:01:09 pm »
What should my pin 1 (econoseal 18 side) be reading for voltage on the MAP? I have a god solid 4.95V on pin 3 and 0.44V on pin 1, and 1.14 on pin 6 (FET/IGBT side) infact i tested all of them with vaccume and none of them make any noticable voltage change even down to a hundredth of a volt  . I mean how wide of a voltage sweep should i be getting here?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:04:23 pm by bcool »

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 05:42:04 pm »
Pin6 on the EC18 plug on my test ECU is 4.5mV

The trouble with these self-build ECUs is that the only place where they can be correctly supported is on the Wiki.

Offline bcool

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 12:50:38 pm »
True. Well I got another MPX4250AP map today and installed it. I'm still stuck with it hovering around 23 kpa so once again i'm stumped. Jason had me short the 2 pin blobs above the Keyboard pins on the board and still there's no difference. Unless i missed something in the configuration somewhere.  ??? ??? ???

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 01:59:16 pm »
As long as you havent got AlphaN blending set you should see a proper kpa value...

Offline bcool

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 11:36:25 pm »
AlphaN stuff is set to
and Disabled hrmmmm

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2007, 09:14:40 am »
Thats the setup for a MAF sensor (experimental code - dont use it),  you need Multiplication set to Enabled.

All the air metering options are near the bottom of the User Guide
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FPhatBob%2FUserGuide

Offline Agriv8

• BHP: 4
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2007, 07:29:28 pm »
Could be well wrong here but may of had similar on my board ( no 5v for tps ).

....  populate R142 (270 ohm) and C69 (220 nF) which makes a current-limited supply

Please await for Rob to confirm.

Regards

Agriv8

regards

Agriv8
'The older I get the faster I was'

Offline bcool

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 09:41:52 pm »
My map sensor was flipped upside down.  :-\ Easy enough of a fix now It's working

Offline gox

• BHP: 6
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 05:59:38 pm »
I had strange behavior with TPS too...when i click "Get curent" it gives me always the diffrent value...when i kick full throttle and click get current it gives me 255 but when i set to 255 it doesnt come to 100%...?! I find values where on closed throtle shows 0-1% and on full 100%..any1 have a clue why is this happening?
E30 2.7 - VEMS,KKK K27.2,Schrick,1bar

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 06:47:06 pm »
I experienced this with calibrating the TPS.

I think it has something to do with zeroing the settings in memory. Input and upload the values 0 min and 255 max, then use the TPS calibration tool, it should bring back the correct values this time. Input, upload and check the operating range.

I think this also depends on firmware version as i  dont recall it doing this on 1.0.53, though I may be wrong.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 07:38:01 pm »
I never use the Wizards, just step up 10 at a time, then 5, 3, 2, 1 until you get the closed throttle one value below the point where it shows 1%.  Then I do the same for WOT stepping down 10 at a time.

Offline gox

• BHP: 6
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 10:19:10 pm »
I never use the Wizards, just step up 10 at a time, then 5, 3, 2, 1 until you get the closed throttle one value below the point where it shows 1%.  Then I do the same for WOT stepping down 10 at a time.

I used that method after i saw that calibration is messy,its works thats importmant,i`m using 1.0.73 firmware

E30 2.7 - VEMS,KKK K27.2,Schrick,1bar