Author Topic: VemsDisplay/Vems Bluetooth adaptor "V3 Connecting" problems  (Read 5333 times)

Offline nevaeh speed

• BHP: 0
VemsDisplay/Vems Bluetooth adaptor "V3 Connecting" problems
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:41:34 am »
So I have the Bluetooth adapter working fine on AIM, but can't to seem to get V3 working. I have tried many release versions and the latest. Even have a few good VEMS guys trying to help out without success. Tried all Samsung products S5, Note 5, and older tablet. Is there a bug or am I missing something. V3 just always says connecting and never does. Need the V3 working so I can try to setup my fuel gauge, so I can ditch the old school gauges. 

Anyone out here that can help? Also the adater is one week old, direct from http://www.vems.us/

Maybe a new release is coming, last was 2014-07-15?

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
Re: VemsDisplay/Vems Bluetooth adaptor "V3 Connecting" problems
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 09:58:04 am »
Hello Nevaeh speed,

I am a bit confused by the information you supplied:
So I have the Bluetooth adapter working fine on AIM, but can't to seem to get V3 working.
Do you mean you are trying to connect with the Andoid VemsDisplay app over Bluetooth to v3 in Aim mode and this works fine but when you switch to triggerframe mode in the VD android app it does not connect ?

Best regards, Dave

Offline nevaeh speed

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 03:59:08 pm »
Sorry Dave for the confusion. V3 doesn't work period for me. Only AIM mode. When I switch to V3 and then triggerframe it just says connecting and never does. VD is only connecting to data in AIM not V3.

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 04:18:32 pm »
Hello Nevaeh speed,

Sorry Dave for the confusion. V3 doesn't work period for me. Only AIM mode. When I switch to V3 and then triggerframe it just says connecting and never does. VD is only connecting to data in AIM not V3.
Are you sure that you have both RX, TX and GND connected to your BT dongle ? What firmware are you running on your ecu ?

Best regards, Dave

Offline nevaeh speed

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 04:49:09 pm »
Dave the problem as you pointed out is the firmware. I'm running 1.1.96 which was supplied with the unit. Seem you need 1.2.** an up to run the V3. Now I just have to learn how to upgrade the firmware without blowing things up. Thanks for the help, I'm gonna PM you.