Author Topic: Less pr.trig error under load.  (Read 12906 times)

Offline SamE30

• BHP: 0
Re: Less pr.trig error under load.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2015, 01:44:13 pm »
something is totally wrong with your setup

Oh, thanks.

I replaced the Flyback diode, and the crank sensor. Now when the issue occurs the car dies and won't restart until it stils for a bit. It loses crank signal completely. I noticed if I unplug and plug the crank sensor in it will restart. I followed that and I have a feeling there is a break in the harness somewhere, which is odd because it's a brand new V3Twin harness. I'm going to rewire it and try again.

Is it possible that once the ecu gets warm the injector/ignition drivers are failing? I can get new FETS locally but I don't know if I trust myself to install them.

The MCP chip failed, it will not read 5v input. Where can I get the rescue kit, it is not listed on the website.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 02:04:02 pm by SamE30 »

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2015, 04:30:40 pm »
Hello SamE30,

From your description it seems likely there is some wiring issue or bad contact somewhere, a FET or IGBT problem seems less likely. As a quick test try and rule that out a rewire is a very good idea; but make sure you use a shielded cable.
MCP chip is not in the rescue kit, exactly when and how did it fail ? If 12v was applied to one of the inputs this might be related to your trigger problem, it can cause additional damage to the ecu.

Best regards, Dave

Offline SamE30

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 04:55:40 pm »
I'm fairly certain the EGT sensor sheild made contact with the +12v battery post on my car. I have wires 5v with a 4.7k ohm resistor to the Analog inputs and there is no reading in the RAW ADC data. One of the inputs is reading 120v. The WB02 sensor is also taking a long time to start reading.

I will rewire the sensor (It is shielded, I'm using the Shielded wires in the V3 twin harness).

I will update tonight.

Offline SamE30

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 12:10:03 am »
No crank signal at all now after I re-wired it. It's wired correctly.

I need to send this ECU out for testing/repair. Anyone?

Offline SamE30

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 05:12:07 pm »
To update this.

The primary trigger circuit was damaged somewhere along it's life. I ended up purchasing a brand new unit, and all is well.