Technical > Wiring & Sensors

VEMS on Supra MKIII 7MGTE?

<< < (2/3) > >>

rob@vems.co.uk:
We've got a Supra 1JZGTE running, and I've tested the 24 tooth Ge trigger and single tooth G1 and G2, looks to work fine and we have the settings.

We've also got the connectors on order :)  But they're 12weeks away :(

The 1JZGTE engine has a 12 tooth crank trigger, its a shame that this one doesnt.

PeepPaadam:
Today I connected Ne (24teeth rpm) signal and all others (TPS, IAT, CLT) to EC36 and all of them worked ok, though rpm reading was slightly on the high side when cranking (500-600 rpm). I'll probably use just one secondary sensor, just ave to wait until second LM1815 arrives.

BTW, there's a good way to bypass the original igniter by unplugging the connector and connecting it to coilpacks connector. Just have to connect +12v supply to it.

Rob, do you happen to have any info on the tachometer operation on this engine? Where does it take it's impulse (igniter perhaps? It's not from ECU as far as I know).

rob@vems.co.uk:
Yes, I should have been more clear, use the 24 tooth for primary and only one G1 or G2 for secondary cam sync.
I dont know the details on the tacho - I know that the other earlier ones take a feed from the ignitor pack, so I expect to see the same on this one.

irishtwincam:
7mgte gets its tacho signal from an RPM output on the igniter.
If you just use vems to drive the coils youll need to setup an RPM output on VEMS.
Or rob can do you a diode thingy on the coil negative wires.
Or you can power up the igniter rmo 12v, earth it by bolting it to the body and T-off the coil - wires and feed them back into the igniter. It will act as an RPM signal generator :D

Do the 7M-GTE use a 24tooth NE? Are the signal wires shielded?
Bob tried doing a PnP loom on my AE86 but I dont thin the signal wires from stock CAS are shielded in my loom. Would be cool if yours were :D

7M-GTE igniter wiring
CODE - COLOUR = description
IGt (LG)      = Calculated signal from ECU to drive selected coil
IGf (LG-B)   = Confirmation signal from Igniter to ECU that coil fired)
IGda (L-B)  = binary selector (coil 1 = a0,b0 / coil 2 = a0,b1 / coil3 = a1,b0)
IGdb (L-W)  = binary selector ^^
Ecu chooses which coil to fire by earthing/bringing live either/both of these terminals.
IG1 (L-R)    = coil 1 earth
IG2 (L-Y)    = coil 2 earth
IG3 (Y)       = coil 3 earth
+B (B-O)    = +B (Coil Common 12v feed)
IG- (B)       = TAC (Tachometer & Diagnosis Connector)

Toyota wire colouring, page 5 of this PDF
http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h09e.pdf

PeepPaadam:
Thank you, I was looking for the ingiter pinout!
I'll just take the tach wire and connect it to VEMS, using 1k pullup or inductive pullup, whatever it needs.

7MGTE uses 24tooth Ne. Wires coming from CAS housing are NOT shielded, though I've seen VR looms without shielding and still working fine with VEMS. We'll see about this one at the end of this week I hope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version