Author Topic: audi aan v3.6  (Read 12053 times)

Offline iwbs

• BHP: 1
audi aan v3.6
« on: June 01, 2015, 09:02:07 am »
Hi, I installed v3.6 on audi aan engine. Do I have to also reverse crankhome polarity or it goes just for the vems pnp?

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
Re: audi aan v3.6
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:19:46 am »
yes you also need to use inverted crank-home polarity.

Offline iwbs

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 11:49:11 am »
Thanks a lot! Another problem is that in sec. trig. settings when I'm trying to use audi hall scope, it is giving me an error: audi hall scope and internal LED settings can't be used at the same time. Can anyone please explain it to me?

Offline iwbs

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 08:50:31 pm »
Got the problem solved, internal led under the display settings was enabled.

Offline iwbs

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 02:31:35 pm »
Got another problem. While recording triggerlog it just shows me primary trigger which looks good, but not a single secondary trigger or spark event. All sensors are tested and they're fine. Also doublechecked the wiring. Currently using firmware 1.2.2 and original auditrigger system. I'm new to using VEMS and at the moment I have no idea what else to look at. Anyone any idea?
Also I am not using shielded cable on Hall sensor, cause it's not necessary by the manual.
Here are my vemslog, config. and triggerlog: http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FIwbs
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:49:07 am by iwbs »

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 11:38:00 pm »
are the cam ant crank sensors aligned?
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 09:04:20 am »
Hello Iwbs,

I have reviewed your config and triggerlog, indeed no secondary triggers present.
Lets start with the basics, how have you wired up the trigger part of the ecu (e.g. which sensor is connected where)?

My investigation shows this board (not assembled ecu but main board only) with serial v3_u009467 was sold to a reseller who must have manually assembled the ecu himself, i would advise you to contact the person you bought the ecu from, most likely there is some board setup error; in any case he should be able todo bench trigger testing for you to confirm good ecu operation.

Best regards, Dave
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:32:53 am by VEMS »

Offline PeepPaadam

• BHP: 8
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 09:41:05 am »
I sold him the v3, I already advised him to send the ECU to me to verify trigger arrangement.

Offline iwbs

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 06:38:57 am »
Got it working :) the ecu was missing one 10k pullup, as Peep told me.

Offline iwbs

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 07:46:31 pm »
Now I got quite satisfying triggerlog, got fuel and spark, but engine still wont start. Strobed 1st cyl. TDC and spark event is exactly where it should be. Here are my triggerlog and config. http://vems.hu/vemstune/bugreports/reports.php?cmd=view&key=zqwXvE#comments I couldnt attach vemslog there, cause it wanted me to log in. I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this!

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 11:39:11 am »
Hello Iwbs,

It seems you are still having some hardware issues, your spark events are causing noise on your secondary trigger. That said, does your board have the cam-hall inverter applied or not ?
I suspect you are firing in the wrong phase, so yes, cyl#1 spark lines up with tdc but in exhaust stroke, not compression stroke. Adjust your config accordingly so your cyl#1 spark lines up with cyl#1 in compression phase (offset 360 degrees by adjusting ign out rotation, triggertooth and tdc_delay) and you should be good to go.

Best regards, Dave

Offline PeepPaadam

• BHP: 8
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 03:35:26 pm »
His board is without cam HALL inverter.

Rotating the ignition outputs is all that is needed.

Offline iwbs

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 05:38:22 pm »
Thanks guys! I just made the test to check if there is camHALL inverter or not and just like Peep said my ecu doesn't have one. Really should've known this earlier cause there was camHALL inverter application in order list and that is why I didn't expect this issue. Anyway so all I need to do now is to rotate ignition outputs in ignition outputs visual menu until the engine starts? Already got car running in limphome mode while taking triggerlog for camHALL inverter verification.

Offline iwbs

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 10:19:54 am »
Here is the config which should work without camHALL inverter, but it just doesnt. Ignout described should be right I think. One triggerlog is taken with the current config, and the other one with the default Audi divby9 where I got engine running in limphome mode using 1-2-4-5-3 ignout order. http://vems.hu/vemstune/bugreports/reports.php?cmd=view&key=XDJx1c
My camHALL sensor goes only to 3,9V, not 5. Could that be a problem?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:37:03 pm by iwbs »

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2015, 09:04:11 am »
Hello Iwbs,

Quick review of triggerlog v3.3_u009467-2015-07-05-11.38.48.triggerlog, spark position seems about right but you are still getting interference of spark event into secondary trigger this needs to be solved before anything else.

Most likely the secondary trigger VR is not setup correctly, applying cam-hall inverter works great to suppress a lot of noise by narrowing the secondary VR window to inside hall window only.
I would recommend you to apply this and change your configuration accordingly.

Best regards, Dave