Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 7225 times)

Offline OBEE

• BHP: 0
HELP!
« on: April 09, 2015, 03:04:23 pm »
In a couple of weeks I will be rewiring my M50B25 from scratch and I want to know if the diagram is correct and if I've missed something. Obviously the ECU/O2/INJ/IGN will have relays and fuses.

As for the grounds I'm not really sure what's the correct approach, think the right way to wire it is #2 but I'm not 100% positive.

And the last two things, what kind of shielding tube should I use for the CAS? What type of diodes do I need for the IACV and for the wire between PIN#23 and BAT?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:06:11 pm by OBEE »

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 03:32:36 pm »
Hello Obee,

* BMW m50b25 has VR sensor primary, you seems to have it wired up from a HALL sensor in your wiring diagram, please correct it.
* Correct grounding diagram  is number 2.
* IAC valve diodes use the diodes supplied in the RescueKit 2 x1n4007 between pin#2 and pin#1/pin#3 (stripe towards pin#2).
* Assuming you ordered the right type of ecu, no external flyback is needed; if you provide your ecu number i can verify specs for you.

Best regards, Dave

Offline OBEE

• BHP: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 08:24:17 pm »
Hello Obee,

* BMW m50b25 has VR sensor primary, you seems to have it wired up from a HALL sensor in your wiring diagram, please correct it.
* Correct grounding diagram  is number 2.
* IAC valve diodes use the diodes supplied in the RescueKit 2 x1n4007 between pin#2 and pin#1/pin#3 (stripe towards pin#2).
* Assuming you ordered the right type of ecu, no external flyback is needed; if you provide your ecu number i can verify specs for you.

Best regards, Dave

Thanks Dave! All figured now!

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 12:30:07 am »
You probably want to use the cam sensor (VR for early M50, Hall for late M50, you didn't specify year). It runs great with wastespark (dual output) but the M50 coils tend to overheat pretty easily when run like that.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo