Author Topic: Cant get O2 reading... :(  (Read 7073 times)

Offline gox

• BHP: 6
Cant get O2 reading... :(
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:01:52 am »
I realy dont know what else to try,i tried so many configurations that i dont know what to do...at some time i even got AFR reading while O2 was ??.?,how is that possible?
last time i changed wbo2_nernstdc_target to 87 and i got reading of 0.45V all voltages are fine,like noted in Robs Manual.This is voltages that webshop sent me in my email,should i try to get this voltages?

The details of your Genboard:
Board_version=v3.3
Serial_nr=  1036
pump-= 4.15V
wbo2_pump_pw_zero=0x68
pump+= 4.31V
(C103=1nF, no D100)    <---- what is this?

this is my config:

> wbo2_abs_limit=E4
> wbo2_limit_maxt=A0
> wbo2_fallback=B0
> wbo2_retry_t=06
> wbo2_edgetime_corr=BA
> wbo2_edgetime_min=50
> wbo2_ri_target=00
> wbo2_nernstdc_target=7D
> wbo2_pump_pw_zero=66
> wbo2_calibration=A8 - i tried this one with larger value,no results
> wbo2_heater_pid_kp=46
> wbo2_heater_pid_ki=10
> wbo2_heater_pid_kd=1A
> wbo2_heater_pid_ilimit=80
> wbo2_pump_pid_kp=15
> wbo2_pump_pid_ki=4E
> wbo2_pump_pid_kd=00
> wbo2_pump_pid_ilimit=84
> wbo2_ri_confidence_scale=80

Heater is working,the sensor is little hot when i touch it after some time.While sensor was outside,not in exhaust,while i was assemblimg the unit i saw some readings,but now when everything is ready and i got all harness done and sensor in the place where stock sensor was,no readings.

Please help i`m going ceazy  :o
Thanx guys
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 01:05:34 am by BMW 325i »
E30 2.7 - VEMS,KKK K27.2,Schrick,1bar

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Cant get O2 reading... :(
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:15:15 am »
First off, repeat the nerst_dc calibration with the resistors in the plug now that everything is in place.  While the thing is heating up, take a look at screen 7 (Manmlp07 then mll it a few times)  check that the heater value is increasing and that the heater is ON.  Make sure that you have a good 12v supply on the relevent pin.

Its worth checking your setup against the factory default ones: http://www.vems.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=55.0 as I cant remember the right hex settings.

C103=1nF means that you have the Hall trigger setup, no D100 means that you're setup to use a powerflyback.

Offline gox

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:09:01 am »
First off, repeat the nerst_dc calibration with the resistors in the plug now that everything is in place.  While the thing is heating up, take a look at screen 7 (Manmlp07 then mll it a few times)  check that the heater value is increasing and that the heater is ON.  Make sure that you have a good 12v supply on the relevent pin.

Its worth checking your setup against the factory default ones: http://www.vems.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=55.0 as I cant remember the right hex settings.

C103=1nF means that you have the Hall trigger setup, no D100 means that you're setup to use a powerflyback.

Ok,i`ll do the voltages again,should i try to get voltages from specification from webshop or from your user manual?
Heater value is increasing at some point,then i turns back to 3X and changes from time to time to 4X then to 34,35,3A,3E.... is that ok?
But how is possible that i had AFR reading at page2 after some time (mlp02),heater was on,so instead of geting O2 i get AFR reading,Engine off? Like this:

AFR:20,98    O2:??.?
AFR:9.09 (or ??.? this is target afr or?)

?

On more thing,map sensor offset,when engine is off map should show what pressure is outside right? I have from 990 to 1090mbar weather pressure,so map should show something like 100kPa?

Tnx Rob

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 09:31:32 am »
Ok,i`ll do the voltages again,should i try to get voltages from specification from webshop or from your user manual?
Heater value is increasing at some point,then i turns back to 3X and changes from time to time to 4X then to 34,35,3A,3E.... is that ok?
But how is possible that i had AFR reading at page2 after some time (mlp02),heater was on,so instead of geting O2 i get AFR reading,Engine off? Like this:

AFR:20,98    O2:??.?
AFR:9.09 (or ??.? this is target afr or?)

?

On more thing,map sensor offset,when engine is off map should show what pressure is outside right? I have from 990 to 1090mbar weather pressure,so map should show something like 100kPa?

Get the voltages from the user guide - you will have been given the pump_pw value with your webshop dispatch note, the nerst_dc is the one to calibrate - you'll expect to see values around 0x84

That heater value is too low, I expect to see it above Ax, check your target settings in MegaTune against the ones on the link I posted, I have seen an issue where a heater could not get above a low value and that was due to a hardware issue.

As for the MAP sensor offset, find the pressure in your area to calibrate it, I use the on-line report from my nearest airport.  When the pressure is 990mb I see 99.x on the display, when its upto 1090 then I'd expect to see 109.x

Rob

Offline gox

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 10:51:46 pm »
Problem solved! :)

Got all the voltages from the user guide (without sensor connected and heater on,i got O2% reading) then i connected the sensor and there was no O2 reading, wbo2_calibration was too high (A8) i never tryed to lower it i always went higher...then i tryed A1 and O2% showed! Now my wbo2_calibration is 68 (decimal) and i have 20.9 ;)
EGT calibrated too,thank you Rob!