Author Topic: Mapping boost  (Read 7431 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Mapping boost
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:08:04 am »
Hi all,

I have just set up boostcontrol running 1.0.73, and i have a q.

If i log a run, and i can see that the boost is reducing at the topend, but the boost DC in the log does not go up, why is that?
I know the turbo is a bit small to hold more then 0,9 bar at 8krpm,  but how can i force more dc on it?

It´s a Oe TD04 from a Impreza WRX 2002,

I have in the boost map written 1,2b bar all the way, and it makes 1,30 upto around 5krpm then tappers of to 0.9bar/8krpm
Its running the oe acutator (0,5bar)

Will it help to make the actuator stronger?

Or do i need a bigger turbo?

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Mapping boost
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:28:40 am »
If the DC remains constant then its pointing towards the actuator being the problem.
You could try for sure by setting your spark/fuel cut at say 235kpa (~1.35bar boost), remove the solenoid control so that the valve is bleeds to its maximum and logging the pressure on a high boost run.

Rob

Offline Denmark

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 11:45:44 am »
Okay ,

If i remove the valve it can make around 1,7-1,8bar, but i have not tryed it up in high rpm,
but it´s a bit strange that the DC stays at 60, it´s first showing 0, then i go wot, and it shows 59, and when the boost starts to go down, it goes up to 60, but not higher.

THe turbo is probbely just to small to being able to hold the boost up high

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 01:10:50 pm »
Dont remove the valve, remove the control to the solenoid so that it is constantly open, the solenoid will have a degree of restriction in it.

There are a lot of configuration variables in the system so you first need to know if the compressor can flow enough to keep up with oversupplying the engine's demand.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:40:24 pm »
Okay, i will give that a try later tonight,
This way it will run the actuator pressure right, then its 0,5bar, and it will go up to 0,7bar at 8k rpm becourse of a little boostcreep.

/Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 12:02:03 am »
If the solenoid is open then it will give the boost that the turbo will produce with the solenoid at 100% DC as the solenoid will be open, bleeding pressure to atmosphere and the actuator will be "seeing" a %age less.

Rob

Offline Denmark

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 09:27:49 am »
Í did not get the time to try it yesterday, but will try later.

/Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 07:42:44 am »
I had the boost control working at 1,2bar tailing of to 0.8bar at redline, and it was fine, this was what the turbo could manage at high rpm,
But now that its colder, i hit 1,5bar in 4th and 5th gear, so there isn´t any control , i was just lucky with the settings in the warmer wether.

/Skassa
working on the boxer