Author Topic: Hot start-Cold start-accel. enrichment issue  (Read 14466 times)

Offline darzamat

• BHP: 1
Hot start-Cold start-accel. enrichment issue
« on: May 18, 2014, 06:48:27 pm »
hello guys

i have 2000 golf GTI with Vems ecu. i am newbie about vems but i am trying to deal with it. anyways i have a problem about hot start,cold start and accel. enrichment.
i have siemens deka 870cc injectors and my settings are like this :

i set the accel. enrichment like this :

and here is my primiring,cracking settings :

well here are my settings and my problem is : when i set the acc. enrichment like this it works well but the throtlle response is not well and the idle is poor. but car starts without any issue either hot or cold.
but when i set 1st TPS speed to 0 , throttle response and idle gets more accurate. but at this time car starts and immediately stops when it is cold. no problem about hot start. i have already tried the rule of 3 * req fuel & 0,75 * req fuel for cracking settings but nothing changed.

i am using 1.0.80 firmware i know it is too old but this is another case...

i hope i can explain what the problem is. any suggestions,advices are all welcome.

thank you all
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:57:53 pm by darzamat »

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: Hot start-Cold start-accel. enrichment issue
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 08:29:11 pm »
Upgrade the firmware first, the new acceleration enrichment code is a huge step up, same goes for cold starts and enrichments.
If you check the File -> Firmware info, does it say 'u' or 'n' in front of the serial nr?

I'm surprised you can run VemsTune at all, many realtime values are displayed wrong, and only time you use it with old firmware is to upgrade.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 08:57:25 pm »
it says 'n'
what does that mean ?

actually i wanna upgrade it to but as i said i'm newbie and i don't know if i can redo all the parameters and start the car without any issue.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 09:26:40 pm »
Make an error report within VemsTune and post the web link here. Someone might have time to make a good config with sane values for you.

Unfortunately you have the old boot loader, so you need to upgrade it if you want to run more recent firmware than 1.2.15 (.26 now). 1.2.10 is ok though, so it's not all that bad.
http://vems.hu/vt/help/v3/general/bootloader_upgrade.html
You can request a bootloader upgrade from info @ vems.hu (see link above for information you must provide) and  try upgrading to 1.1.94_bootupdate firmware and doing the bootloader upgrade. If that fails, the CPU needs to be "unlocked" to allow the upgrade. It should be sent in for that, or handled by someone with the right equipment.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 09:55:39 pm »
thanks for the info
any chance to solve my problem without upgrading the firmware ?
as i understand, i can use at least 1.1.94 firmware with my old boot loader right ? do you recommend me to use at least 1.1.94 or older ?

thanks
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:09:55 pm by darzamat »

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 06:27:32 pm »
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FUnderDevelopment%2FFirmwareChanges

1.2.20 is the first to require the new uhex bootloader.

I don't recommend the ones running up to it, 1.2.10 is good enough.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 08:45:57 pm »
thank you for the info but upgrading the boot loader is beyond my capabilities.  i believe no one knows how to do that in my country and also no VEMS dealer around.

any solution idea for my problem with my current firmware ?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 09:10:49 pm »
Yes, upgrade to 1.2.10 and post an error report so you can get actual help. This does not require a new bootloader, as I tried to explain.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 10:17:59 pm »
ohhh i misunderstand what you said above.so i can upgrade 1.2.10 without upgrading a new boot loader.

in the link that you give above says : ""this will require upgrade if you would like to run firmwares with version number bigger than 1.1.94""

that is why i confused.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 05:22:59 pm »
No, the link says specifically that you need to install firmware "1.1.94_BootUpdate" to be able to upload a new boot loader.
http://vems.hu/vt/help/v3/general/bootloader_upgrade.html
So even if you are running 1.2.15 you need to downgrade to 1.1.94_BootUpdate in order to have a stable environment for the bootloader update. This is to make less chance of error if all people use that specific firmware.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 12:13:59 am »
that makes sense.. it's my bad , i misunderstand it. so i'll upgrade my firmware to 1.2.10 but also i'm thinking that it will be a huge step from 1.0.80 to 1.2.10 lot's of things have been changed , some things added some things removed.

do you have any suggestions that specifically needed to be careful while upgrading the firmware and after ?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 06:07:59 am »
Very important when turning towards new firmware, always intall the latest VemsTune before beginning, never use the stable one - always "NIGHTLY" or unstable is the best.

Use my B230FK or BMW M50 config from here for good defaults. Drag/drop onto dialogs, or press import button.
http://savarturbo.se/~mattias/motor/vems_data/vemscfg/

Press the "validate config" button next to the "LOG" button after the upgrade. Fix all issues.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 05:35:16 pm »
if somethings go wrong is it possible to go back to the old firmware ?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 05:54:48 pm »
Just post a detailed list of your pin-out, your trigger setup, ignition system, fuel - and you should not fail.
Nothing should go wrong if you just post an error report link in this thread, and keep updating us on what you do.

I recommend installing latest "unstable/nightly" VemsTune, save the 1.0.80 config and rename it to something easy to understand. Now  use the upgrade wizard and let VemsTune do it's best with converting your old config and uploading it.

At this point I would then use "upload advanced" (to A and B) with one of my configuration files to get good basic settings. Then import the VE and ignition table, and  manually set the proper output functions and trigger settings. It's not much work with good documentation.
Remove all fuses but ignition, use a strobe light to check that you're good to go, add fuel and start.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 11:48:32 pm »
here is my config file that i prepared for the 1.2.10 firmware based on my old config file.
maybe you would like to check it and tell me what you think.
do you wanna check the old one too ?

http://s3.dosya.tc/server23/vF5iXn/basemap.rar.html

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 11:52:06 pm by darzamat »