Author Topic: AlphaN with MAP compensation  (Read 6242 times)

Offline ryniobl

• BHP: 3
AlphaN with MAP compensation
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:50:31 pm »
Hello
I'm bench testing setup and there is a problem.
I set VE control strategy to TPS , treshold to 100kPa and Ign/Lambda tables to kPa.
Lambda and Ignition tables works fine, it goes from 0-100 by TPS and when MAP increases above 100kPa it goes higher to max value on Y axis as it should. VE table is different ,highest value on Y axis is 100 and if i try to put anything higher there for example 110 ,error message pops up ''Value 110 is greather than maximum 100!!!''
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? It's quite long time I've been working with VEMS  :)
I'm using 1.2.23 firmware and Newest Nightly VT (from feb this year I think)
thanks
Richard
/Richard

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: AlphaN with MAP compensation
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 11:27:31 pm »
The VE table is purely TPS/RPM lookup.  The whole point is to compensate for pressure in a separate table "RPM/MAP MAP corr".

Offline ryniobl

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:37:13 pm »
Ok.I did some further testing and there are some issues.I put a short video on YT
http://youtu.be/Q-L5dC38PAk

1. RPM/MAP MAP corr doesn't seem to work, PW remains the same no matter what values I put in the cells
2. Cursor (blue dot) doesn't go all the way down to 0% on VE map

It is a bit strange for me that VE map has plenty resolution and it's used only for TPS.On the other hand RPM/MAP MAPcorr has a bit too little columns ,so it could be not enough in some cases.Is there any particular reason why both TPS and MAP aren't on one 16x16 VE table?

/Richard

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 10:32:40 am »
Hello Ryniobl,

I viewed your Youtube video and managed to review that a bit, putting 0 in map corr table is not supported, base value should be 100% e.g. PW =  Pre_MAPCOR_PreMapMult_PW * Current_MAPCOR * MAP. When Current_MAPCOR = 100 % -> * 1.00 -> no correction. When you put 0 in the upper right corner of the table, map correction is disabled.

Your TPS dot (blue dot) value in VE table not going to 0 is most likely caused by idle control alpha-n feedback, see starting / idle -> idle control general -> alpha-n IAC compensation. To disable enter 0% (for more info see its help page: http://vems.hu/vt/help/v3/v3_idle_settings.html).

If after these changes you still suspect a problem, please provide a datalog (make a sharing report), that way i can review both configuration and realtime variables; After review i will get back to you.

Best regards, Dave

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:26:55 am by VEMS »

Offline ryniobl

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 11:08:51 pm »
Thanks!Now it works as expected  :)
One last question.Is it possible to change firmware parameters that are grayed out, for example 12x12 VE map instead 16x12? I remember there were 2 different .hex files for this but now I can't see anything like that so maybe It's obsolete?
/Richard

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 09:03:19 am »
Hello Ryniobl,

The greyed out parameters are read from firmware itself, these are not configurable. But it is possible to use only part of a 16x14 map to make an initial smaller map (e.g. 12x12) configuration. Upscaling can be done automatically with the table remap function; Choose your new bin sites and VemsTune will recalculate.

Best regards, Dave