Author Topic: Trigger problems on Audi AAN  (Read 32883 times)

Offline Durr McDanks

• BHP: 0
Re: Trigger problems on Audi AAN
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 04:02:36 pm »
Is there anything special I need to do with the secondary or primary trigger settings to accept the crank position sensor? I just bought a timing light to dial in everything.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 09:32:15 pm »
Is there anything special I need to do with the secondary or primary trigger settings to accept the crank position sensor? I just bought a timing light to dial in everything.
your aan cam sensor is under cam pulley or at the end of engine like distributor? you must make it so that crank pin will be in cam sensor window when rotating engine. if your cam sensor is like distributor maybe you need to turn it a little bit
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline Durr McDanks

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 10:22:08 pm »
I have an AAN not a 3b so no distributor which also means my cam sensor is under the cam pulley. What I am confused on is how do I activate this third trigger since there is no "third trigger settings" so to say.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:21 am »
I have an AAN not a 3b so no distributor which also means my cam sensor is under the cam pulley. What I am confused on is how do I activate this third trigger since there is no "third trigger settings" so to say.
first aan had this one http://12v.org/urs/EarlyAANTunaCanCamPositionSensor.jpg yes there isn't third trigger, they just need to be aligned that ecu get signal from both sensors at the same time
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline Durr McDanks

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 12:26:16 am »
first aan had this one http://12v.org/urs/EarlyAANTunaCanCamPositionSensor.jpg yes there isn't third trigger, they just need to be aligned that ecu get signal from both sensors at the same time

Never knew that! Always thought the AAN was always distributor-less.  How would I go about aligning the two sensors thru the ECU?

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 08:22:11 am »
If you still receiving one secondary trigger impulse per revolution, you have to check your Hall sender, wiring and ECU.

Try this: when you remove Hall sender connector, ECU should not see any secondary. If you connect Hall sender signal wire (middle pin) to ground, ECU should see secondary signal each revolution. If Hall sender connected, works and correctly aligned (in "distributor" case) ECU should see just one secondary trigger impulse per two revolutions.

If you remove plug from TDC VR sensor (front sensor), ECU should see only primary signal. No matter Hall is connected or no.

Any other behaviour means some defect.

Gints

Offline Durr McDanks

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 03:19:54 pm »
Thank you, for that info. I talked to someone directly at VEMS and they told me that I would need to send in my ECU in order to get the AAN triggering system to work or like you guys mentioned get the 60-2 crank pulley. I will keep you guys updated and thanks for all the help!

Offline Durr McDanks

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 01:36:39 pm »
While I am waiting on the new ECU I have to do a couple of things.
1. "VR crankhome 1 tooth input (EC18/12 or motronic pin); crankhome sensor wires need to be reversed" so all they want me to do is switch the sensor ground (not the shielding ground) and the sensor input wire of the CPS?
2. Before, I had Marc create a fifth ignition channel that was stepper, but I have been told that this isn't necessary as you can run that fifth channel in logic and the other four in stepper.  "BTW, the Ignition option for your ECU is 6+2." Does this mean that for my last cylinder I just wire it to either EC 36-11,12?
3. My MAT is still reading wrong after the patches and I have a back up MAT and it read the same so it's not the sensor.  Has anyone wired in a resistor to correct this or do people just synthesize their own table?
-Thank you, Jamie
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:12:09 pm by Durr McDanks »

Offline tweak

• BHP: 3
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2013, 07:14:32 pm »
Just lifting this topic, however my problems are not as serious.
I'm running the econoseal setup for aby/aan, and running ok on FW 1.1.97
I tried just for the fun of it to upgrade to a 1.2 version a while ago (not remember which one) and the firing was totally off, with same config. Dificult to start, and dangerously early & late firing.
I did not spend any time to figure this out, but is there any changes in the FW done for trigger setup, and if so, any guide to convert my config? I did verify the config after FW upload, had a few mishabs, but nothing related to the triggers. If not any input here from similar experiences i might give it a try again to spot the problem. But i also need a good reason to upgrade, perhaps knock sensing ???

Offline GintsK

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 07:42:07 pm »
What you mean with econoseal setup? You have third trigger enabled?

Offline tweak

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2013, 07:54:12 pm »
I doubt it. The original setup is from 2008. Econoseal audi PnP.

Offline GintsK

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 06:14:27 am »
OK. Then you have to check: is Auditrigger Divby3 changed to DivbyN.
N still can be =3. (Normally =9) But both are different algorithms. And Divby3 is obsolete from 1.2.x.

Gints

Offline tweak

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 06:11:55 pm »
Noted Glints, going to try this tonight.
I need to change the setup anyway as i'm going back to pure gas (no, or almost no E85 blended in)

Offline tweak

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 07:43:15 pm »
No its the same when set to divider = 3.  What has been changed here except this?
Perhaps this FW is made for never setup/wiring, you mentioned a 3'd trigger?

Offline GintsK

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 09:06:31 pm »
Don't knew. Normally it works.
May be post your triggerlog and config?