Author Topic: table switch connection and setup  (Read 8181 times)

Offline darzamat

• BHP: 1
table switch connection and setup
« on: July 18, 2013, 12:59:39 pm »
hello ,
i'm newbie about vems but i'm trying to dealing with it for couple of months.
anyway i'm struggling with table switch for a couple of days but i can not find enough info about it. i have 1.2.10 firmware by the way.

how is the switch connection and setup should have be ?
i'll be very appreciated if you have any info about it.

thank you all

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: table switch connection and setup
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:52:47 pm »
In VEMSTune look at all the analog voltages, choose one that is 5v constantly with nothing connected, you´ll see it on the gauges.
Then wire in a ON/OFF switch that has one wire connected to an available 5v pulled analog channel and the other side is connected to ground.
When you turn the switch to map 2 or B the voltage should go 0v

Base setup - Config switching
Select the channel you have wired the switch to and select MCP Input.

Then select File - Upload Advanced and select A and B and select your latest config. What you have done is moved the current config to both sides. The ecu will stay in Config A as it´s called. When you flip the switch it will go to Config B.

Now you can tune Config B as you want, and at anytime if you want to upload only a map to Config B side you select File - Upload Advanced and select only B side. remember you must keep the switch the same otherwise you might get continous config changing.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 11:15:16 am »
hey thank you very much for the great info
but let me ask , my buddy hooked me up the launch control to input channel 7. basicly it starts working when you push the button
what if i just change the channel 7 to table switch ?

what i meant is , what is the difference between MCP input and analog input ? as i know launch control connected to an analog input.

thank you again

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:56:46 pm »
MCP and analog are the same things so you could well use the AN7 for your table switching needs.

Offline darzamat

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:06 pm »
thank you very much
let me try to change the LC switch to table switch this weekend and see if it is working. should work i guess.

thank you again