Author Topic: Introduction and project, Rowan's Saxo 1.6 16v Turbo  (Read 17938 times)

Offline Rowan

• BHP: 0
Re: Introduction and project, Rowan's Saxo 1.6 16v Turbo
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 09:52:08 am »
After a long day tinkering, mapping and testing a result has been achieved to my satisfaction. Again, I'm not in it for the numbers, for me it's about the driveability and fun (building and driving)

195HP en 270NM @ 0.65 bar

That was all we could get out of the tiny T2 turbo, however I''m very pleased with the result. The power is right where I use it and maybe the chocolate MA box will last a while now.

The drive home from DP-Engineering put a smile on my face from ear to ear :)
Even got to test how it holds up in traffic :homme: Temperature just above middle in the gauge. The clutch is some getting used to, but works very well.

Very pleased with DP-Engineering (Pieter), excellent service!

When I arrived we sat down for coffee and had a chat about my build and other related stuff. Then went to check everything and came across the stepper (iac) which didn't cooperate. After we've been upside down in the car checking the wiring from the vems behind the dash we came to the conclusion some wires have been switched around (my bad). Fixed it and Pieter started the mapping.

After a few minutes Pieter said the standard iat sensor was too "slow", which would affect enrichment and timing in a negative way. So off with the boost piping and het welded up a bung for the new "fast" sensor.

Anyway, after all this tinkering we were a few hours in before the real mapping could finally start. He was working his magic and we came to a good result.

Pieter was impressed with my driveway-build but expected a bigger turbo when he saw the engine with external wastegate, boost controller, etc.
He recommended a TD04 for more breathing room and performance (whilst still on a budget).

For now I'll just enjoy driving the thing and fixing a few minor things

And the pics:

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
Re: Introduction and project, Rowan's Saxo 1.6 16v Turbo
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 10:39:50 am »
You did it well by a very professional and straight way.
I would like to be ready to go to DP-Engineering and have my car tuned as good. Before doing so one needs to get the engine 100% good and in my case to check the valve clearance, change the belt, resume oil leaks at the cam carter and the leak at one cylinder at the exhaust manifold, mount the ranger diff already waiting for many years with the spares, etc, etc ... :)
So I half tune driving on road, but its funny as well