Author Topic: Stalling, HELP!!!, Im Not so Worried  (Read 13056 times)

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Re: Stalling, HELP!!!, Im Not so Worried
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 10:31:22 pm »
Yeh, it does look like it goes into idle control. The only thing i can find that currently determines the idle condition is the TPS idle threshold. I would think you could use Kpa as a refference point, IE when kpa is below 20kpa, engine is in over run. as the engine speed drops, drawing against a closed throttle, the MAP starts to rise as you get close to 1000rpm, i can see it on the logs.

If this is going to be implemented and i think it should (pleading to the code boffins ;D), IF it were me, I'd be calling it 'over run threshold Kpa' :P

As it stands, the more i think about it, im going to adjust the throttle stop so TPS read 3% with the stepper at zero. Only because i cant see it working any other way with what we have :-\
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 10:43:01 pm by Sprocket »

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
Re: Stalling, HELP!!!, Im Not so Worried
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 11:36:03 am »
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.
no thanks ;)

Is it the cause that for the newer 2013 fw versions (e.g. fw 1.2.15 I am now tuning for the biturbo) the idle PID target  is moving somewhat at the middle between actual RPM and reference target ?
I believe there are other inconveniences for this setting. A better approach would have been to have a feed forward loop as set by the new "boost target based" cntrl.

A VE line at 20kPa for the return from over run seems also to  be useful for my engine in order to avoid usefulness oscillation down the Fuel Resume Rpm.
Since I am short of MAP lines I consider using the "RPM/MAP Map Correction" table. This would be also to tune the VE  close to the targets so that, without PID, the idle equilibriums could be already good stable ones. Has anyone already used this table?