Author Topic: bootloader version  (Read 7173 times)

Offline Seight-v8

• BHP: 6
    • Members Page - Scott Richmond
bootloader version
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:13:12 pm »
is it possible to find out which version of the bootloader the ecu has loaded????

mine says i have the old version....so whats the new version???

trying to get passed some major problems with my ECU, before i get really fustrated and think about binning it for something else.....my patience is getting thin, as its nothing but problems everytime i try and use it.

thanks

scott
Engine:Rover V8 4600cc
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FScottRichmond

Offline Seight-v8

Re: bootloader version
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:07:09 pm »
i'm just going to email vems directly as i am sick on not getting the answers i need to make this thing work, as it looks like a few firmware problems i am having also.

So going to write all my troubles/woes onto a email and await a reply.

scott
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:07:34 pm »
I'm pretty sure the bootloader has nothing to do with your issues. After 1.1.8x or something it was required to have a recent bootloader with ECU serial nr loaded, or you wouldn't get any ignition events = no start.

Up-to-date info on your wiki page with a reference in your e-mail would be nice.

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 06:27:20 pm »
yep i am also sure this has nothing to do with my problems, but i cant find any other reasons why i have a problem, if you know what i mean....i've been round & round and cant find anything wrong.....

I am justing trying to remove the problems i do know about then can move on to others if i can find them.

Emailed vems direct and awaiting a reply, i expect a few days or so i might know more.

To be honest the info on my members page is upto date, nothings changed on my car, only firmware in the ecu, anything above 1.1.89 and i have problems in ecu connection to laptop, GPS logging stops workin & sdcard memory card wont read.

regards

scott

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:25:45 pm »
........... problems in ecu connection to laptop, GPS logging stops workin & sdcard memory card wont read.

regards

scott
GPS logging to internal VEMS port or through Vemstune?
For me looks more like VT issues. What VT versions you tried?

IIRC I have very old units with newer than 1189 firmwares.

Gints

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:49:50 pm »
well another month goes by and still no reply from the email i sent to vems hq, i really hate not having the answer i need to have it working as it should, maybe i should send a error report through vemstune next to see what happens.

i thought the support from hq would have been better, as its not clear which is the offical support route to take.

regards

scott