Author Topic: Toyota Starlet with 4age Turbo (VEMS)  (Read 9830 times)

Offline Sukhoi

• BHP: 6
Toyota Starlet with 4age Turbo (VEMS)
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:09:21 pm »
Hi All,

Here now am starting to post the projects I have done so far, I had good number of them, and this will be my first.

Car: Toyota Starlet RWD.
Engine: 4age 16V.
Boost: 0.5Bar
ECU: VEMS 3.6 / V3Harness / Firmware: 1.1.81
Sensors: MAT / EGT / Fuel Pressure Sensor (VEMS 0-700 kPa differential pressure sensor)
Trigger System: Fabricated 60-2 trigger wheel on crank pulley with BMW m50 crank sensor, as the car running in wasted spark mode.
Motorsport options: Launch Control, WOT Shift, and ALS active on switch.

The car is fully prepared for drift events and speed tests, as the car was mechanically made by the owner mechanic we had nothing to do with engine or chassis we just installed and the VEMS and tuned it, here some photo for VEMS install:

Stock harness is out while keeping the dashboard, alternator, and starter harness in

Labeling V3harness for easy install and maintenance

V3harness are in

I always try to make clean setup using solder and heat shrinks (for 4agze coil pack)

We removed the distributor and replace it with 4agze coils

Engine bay (no more distributor)

the car was tuned on street, so no HP numbers, but the car pulls so great and can stand of with Evos and Subarus, here some photos after the VEMS install on track

All of this was done 1.5 or 2 years ago, am not really sure, here are some of the new look for the car, as we will install bigger injectors and try to boost it for 1 bar ( 0.5bar currently) anyway the car don't have any grip on the road, you can hear the tires spinning all the way, and am not sure what it will be when it's on 1 bar of boost.

Some photos of the new build and look that was made by the owner:

Photo for the car that was taken by a professional photographer on a very new drift event (4age starlet with VEMS standing on TRD body kit)

Here a youtube link for old event
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9qD5tuVrY0

And here other for the last drift event
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHjikU_jeTY&feature=player_embedded

Other youtube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zez2lXwuog8&feature=relmfu

I will post some more videos soon but I have the files in very larg format, so I have to see how I can shrink them.

As I want to thank all the guys that helped me here, as I got many useful information and tips helping me wit every project I made, soon I will upload my other projects :)

Thanks for reading :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:21:52 pm by Sukhoi »

Offline Sukhoi

Re: Toyota Starlet with 4age Turbo (VEMS)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 08:10:26 am »
New Photos and video for this car, this is the last round for 2012 speed test in Jordan, it was made in Aqaba, it was nice to be in the final round, although not much of luck .

Video for many cams that was installed on the car!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b-ZrZLgMXvI

Another BMW E30 with M20 ITB's that we have tuned was in the event, will be on VEMS next season.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 10:24:04 am »
For this year maybe try adding a speed sensor and electronic boost control ?
Then you have speed/gear-dependant boost to avoid grip problems. Next best thing to real traction control.

Offline Sukhoi

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »
Before this race we tuned the car with 1.1Bar but as you know there was no traction and was over powered, so your idea seems to be great  8) I might do this, but what traction control you suggest!? as far as I know it's not supported in VEMS, am I right?!

Thanks,