Author Topic: TPS fluctuation and flickering display  (Read 4621 times)

unariciflocos

TPS fluctuation and flickering display
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:35:28 am »
Hi guys,

I've got my car running on VEMS and am quite pleased with how easy it was. My car is a Peugeot 205 with a 1.9 16v engine, GSX-R throttle bodies, 8 staged injectors, wasted spark ignition, N/A. For this I'm using a genboard v3.7 with 8 injector outputs, 2 ignition outputs, and WBO.

The problem I'm seeing is that the TPS seems to fluctuate between 4% and 12% during running. I'm wondering if this is due to noise, voltage drops on the TPS supply causing the response to drop as well or a faulty TPS. I've also noticed that the light on the 4x20 display seems to flicker which would back up my voltage drop idea.

At the moment I'm getting my +12V from the main loom of the car with no relay. The battery is in the boot, so would it help having say a 6 mmsq wire from the battery to the ECU fusebox via a relay controlled by the switched live in order to stabilize the voltage? Grounds are all good, done exactly like in the manual.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrei

unariciflocos

Re: TPS fluctuation and flickering display
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 03:04:49 pm »
Solved the flickering display by bringing a stronger feed from the battery to the main ECU fusebox.

Solved Fluctuating TPS by correcting two wiring errors I made hile building the loom. :)

Everything is perfect now.