Author Topic: Just starting to wire up with VEMS bought cabling- colours- wire spec etc  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Dangerrous

• BHP: 0
I've just unpacked all the wires that come with the full kit.
 Looking at the colours, there's some repeated, and they're terminated at both ends which makes the colouring even more restricted, if I cut them in half.
 Also I have two black (or dark grey) wires that are rubber sheathed, what are their designation?
I'm going into two looms, i) The Audi ABZ engine and ii) the Toyota Mr2. I could have done with a few more colour variations, I'll label the wires up with 'wire no. tags' just to clarify wire paths.

Is the lack of colour variations normal?
But praise is given for lengths supplied Although I only require around 30cm of each
D

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
i have wired cars with only white, black, and red.  i have also done it with not one color matching.

color doesnt matter.. keeping good notes, effective planning, and good old Ohm check always leaves you with a nice harness.

plan out all of your inputs and outputs, maybe add an extra wire or 2 in the harness for future if needed.
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline Dangerrous

Thanks for the reply, but the wiring is already done and the vems was up and running the V8.
 I'm an automation engineer by trade, there's usually two types of wiring, i)labelled/numbered wires or ii)colour definition. I was just curious why vems don't have a greater variety of colours
D

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Thanks for the reply, but the wiring is already done and the vems was up and running the V8.
 I'm an automation engineer by trade, there's usually two types of wiring, i)labelled/numbered wires or ii)colour definition. I was just curious why vems don't have a greater variety of colours
D

Don´t look at motorosport wiring, it´s usually un-numbered and single color.

Offline Dangerrous

:D