Author Topic: Audi Sport Quattro VEMS install  (Read 42089 times)

Offline Jeffer

• BHP: 2
    • High Octane Racing
Re: Audi Sport Quattro VEMS install
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:02 pm »
Ok, when i put these parameters in. I can visualy see the spark plugs firing. from what i can see by eye is that the ignition sequence is not correct. However, for now i cannot start the engine yet...

See config with the last setting
www.highoctane.nl/webalbum/SQ/v3_SQ_21-07.txt

Offline peter_jensen

• BHP: 5
  • Vems sins 2004
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 06:28:03 pm »
Using this setup 60-2 + cam can give some kind of problems. This is under investigation.
The recommend firmware is 1.1.75

See  http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FPeterJensenConsumercars

Peter

Offline Jeffer

• High Octane Racing
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2010, 05:16:15 am »
Yesterday evening it came alive!  ;D Thanks to dave for help.
Now the fun really starts....

Offline Jeffer

• High Octane Racing
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2010, 10:20:06 am »
Ok, the car is operational at the moment.  ;D
However i can not getting running ok. It sounds like its running on 4 cilinders. The engine runs, and i even driven it a small bit.
At the moment I'm running 1.1.80. I've strobed the timing on all 5 cilinders with succes. I've tested the coils and the plugs. All cilinders are firing when verifiyng it by removing the plugs. When idling and removing the injector connector, the idles changes or the engine stalls. Thats on al 5 cilinders. I cannot understand where it comes from.

I've read an interesting experience on the vems wiki from a member Alex Hoy. His problems sound exactly the same as mine. Altough I've been through all the dialogs to disable the settings he refers to, but no succes.
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?action=find&find=MembersPage%2FAlexHoy

Then I read this in the Firmware changelog on Vems Wiki:
[1.1.80] - release candidate

* easily configurable injection end-angle (angular position when the injector output switches off) in function of RPM
          o mostly matters at low load loadsites with aggressive cam engines. With a port-injected audi 20-VT (with cyl1 injector output in same position as cyl1 ignition output) smoothest idle and best throttle-reaction was achieved around 300 ATDC = 420 BTDC (was not very sensitive to precise adjustment, a window of at least +-30 degrees)
          o secondary-trigger need to be configured as cam-sync for inj-angle to work properly. Without camsync (eg. with a missing tooth wheel) after startup, the chance for the sweet half is 50% at best.

I'd really like to sort it out in 1.1.80
If that doesnt work I will downgrade to 1.1.75

Who can help me out?
TA

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:59 am »
yesterday i was playing with injector angle and find out that ref tooth table affects only ign place, not inj place. So try to change ref tooth table and ign outputs.

Offline Jeffer

• High Octane Racing
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2010, 12:15:34 pm »
Are you saying that injectors and ignition is not in sync at the moment? What should I change in the ref tooth table and ignition outputs then? And how can I check it.
Thanks

Offline Jeffer

• High Octane Racing
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2010, 01:50:17 pm »
Ok problem solved. Runns great now. Although the Lambda is now Bouncing all over the place.....mainly between 0,70 and 1,29 So in the other spectrum of the scale. Will continue fiddling with it. Thanks anyways

Offline Jeffer

• High Octane Racing
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 07:15:14 pm »
update again. Lambda is under control now. Ignition output table was incorrect. It started and ended with 0.

Idling very smooth now.

Offline Jeffer

• High Octane Racing
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2012, 11:11:43 am »
Just a small update to revive an old thread. The car is still running great on VEMS. Very smooth, and DP engineering did a great job mapping WOT and drivability.
The car made a healthy 894HP on the hub dyno earlier this year. At the moment I'm upgrading the engine left and right, and also modified some other stuff. Then it's off to the dyno again for another mapping session. The 4 digit number is within grasp :)

More info can be found on the FB page. Also lots of videos and such.

Cheers,
Jeffer

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2012, 11:34:04 am »
that's crazy numbers  ;D
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2012, 02:30:53 pm »
Wow! Nice numbers :)
Still on GT42? What hot side you use? What boost?
And what camshafts.

Gints

Offline Jeffer

• High Octane Racing
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2012, 06:46:50 am »
Thanks, yes still on a gt42r. The hotside is the stainless tial. IIRC after all these years its one fixed hotside size that tial provides.
The cams are custom ground cams. And the boost is 2.7 bar.
The engine is an engine I built 8 years ago.  ;D  And that engine did hold the 900 hp. However, I've now bought one oversize pistons. Its now at the machine shop for bore and hone. Thats because it did had a lot of blowby, so it wasnt that healthy anymore. ;)

Then there are some other upgrades to be done, and hopefully I can reach close to a 1000hp :)

https://www.facebook.com/HighOctaneRacing
or www.highoctane.nl
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 06:50:17 am by Jeffer »

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2012, 03:23:38 pm »
I've tuned 20VT on GT42R with diesel crankshaft. But still 7A cams. We got full boost earlier. But power figures I think is lower - somewhere in 800...850hp region. 2.9bar boost. 8000rpm. 402m in 9.6...9.8s.
Problem with GT42 - it do not flow well at this boost levels. No sense to rise boost more.

Tell some words about your CDI system. What you chose?
We are on 034coils...

Gints