Author Topic: conflicting state with unused InjGroup 7??  (Read 14088 times)

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
Re: conflicting state with unused InjGroup 7??
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 10:31:39 am »
I have been using the 2012-01-30 version of VT
Have you tried to download with an older VT version ?

Offline sly

• BHP: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 12:55:21 am »
"Have you tried to download with an older VT version ?"
not yet. I will give that a try.
they strange thing is is used to work untill it crashed  loading the config. I went back to real old FW and reloaded. and even went step by step using each FW one at a time. and reload the config each time. so it is something stuck somewhere in memory that all the older versions seem to not use or rewrite.

I will have to fetch the ECU I plan on using out of the car and see if it has the same strange problem. I might just order a new atmel for this one as I can't seem to talk to the ISP of it anyways which is also strange.
if it is just this one box then I don't care.

I think VT needs a way to just upload a config without first reading the old one out. in my case there is some sort of trash that is read in that make VT go bonkers so I never get the chance to write a good saved config back.
There my be a way of doing this  that I have not found. I am new to VT been using MT up to now.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:25 am »
I'm not sure that you can just swap out the AVR, IIRC they've put some security in to ensure that the firmware only runs on hardware of VEMS origin.
Have you complained/screamed at/threatened/begged/pleaded with VEMS about this issue?

Offline sly

• BHP: 0
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 01:00:02 am »
hehe no.
 but if I ask I bet they would just send me a new box. or pcb. I just don't want to wast one. I will just order a new atmel then next time I have a digikey order going.
I need to finish some stuff on a new version I have been working on but I have been dragging my feet. and was just hoping  to get the new version out and use that that one. but that will need new FW as I changed a some of the hardware bits.