Author Topic: N/A ITB config choices, and Motorsport Cam Control  (Read 5206 times)

Offline nucci

• New Users
  • BHP: 0
N/A ITB config choices, and Motorsport Cam Control
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:23:49 pm »
I've got a bit of engine tuning/setup experience and I'm investigating whether I can use VEMS to control:
  • BMW S54
  • 3.25 liter displacement inline-6, 11.5:1 compression
  • factory-style Alpha-N airbox (no MAF, ~6" huge opening)
  • six 50mm throttle plates
  • variable cam timing with 60 cam degrees variable on the intake and 45 cam degrees on the exhaust

In a perfect world I would be able to have the following:
  • main fuel table axes: TPS and RPM
  • fuel table multiplier: 0-100%, based on kpa (MAP sensor connected to damping manifold after throttle plates
  • ignition table axes: kpa and RPM
  • realtime baro correction in the range of 1 atm = 97-104kpa

I have downloaded VEMSTune and navigated around the menus quite a bit but I'm not sure which selections would result in my desired configuration.

Also, with regard to Motorsport Cam Control: If I can have my tps-based, kpa-corrected fuel table and my kpa-based ignition table, what will the load axes be for the camshaft control maps?

Any fact-based answers would be GREAT!

Thanks,

Matt

Offline Erikk

• BHP: 7
Re: N/A ITB config choices, and Motorsport Cam Control
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:16:40 am »
Dual variable vanos(s50, s54) is supported -> http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=InputTrigger/BmwDoubleVanos
For now only MAPvsRPM, even when running Alpha-N fueltable.
You have to order ECU with 3rd Triggerinput(probably some highside drivers aswell, run from p259 outputs, write in ordernote).

There is a MAP vs RPM fuel correction table when using Alpha-N 0-255% (100% is No-correction).
Ignition table can be MAPvsRPM when using Alpha-N fueltable.
Realtime baro requires an extra MAP-Sensor on a non-pulluped 0-5v input.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:10:17 am by Erikk »
Sweden - erik.englund@gmail.com