Author Topic: Vemstune Play Trigger Hardware wiring  (Read 5265 times)

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Vemstune Play Trigger Hardware wiring
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:55:00 pm »
Can't find any information on the wiring from the headphone sound out on the PC to the primary and secondary triggers.

Primarly trigger is which chanel, left or right?
Secondary trigger is which chanle, leftor right?

Simple questions I know ;D

and

Do you need to ground the PC output onto the sensor ground, or just use the left and right chanel signal wires.

also, in 'Play Trigger' settings, I cannot scroll or even stretch the window down to the play button, and have to work blind.

also also, which trigger type can I uses for 36-1 with VR cam sync. I need to check that the secondary VR trigger is functioning.

I currently have it sort of working, and need to spend a little more time with it. I only have the signal wires connected no grounds, and can get some sort of response on the RPM gauge but it drops out more often than not. I might have to find some sort of equaliser to filter the sound output. Trigger log shows some life on the primary trigger, but there is no secondary, I think I need to check the hardware as I seem to remember doing something with the secondary VR circuit when I had considered going back to Hall.

Offline Erikk

• BHP: 7
Re: Vemstune Play Trigger Hardware wiring
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 09:10:30 am »
Have you tried playing the C004 pattern directly to a pair of speakers? Just mute primary or secondary trigger and you´ll hear which is what. (Hint: Left is Primary  ;) )
I grounded them togheter, works perfectly, though I use an external vr-hall (lm1815) converter as the v3 im playing with is equiped with hall inputs. I´ve not tried secondary sensor at all.
Sweden - erik.englund@gmail.com

Offline andreNL

• BHP: 8
    • My Wiki membersPage
Re: Vemstune Play Trigger Hardware wiring
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:27:43 pm »
First check your sensors are working by connecting them and check record triggerlog for a stripe.
primeray is blue and secundaire is red. use a magnet (hall) or piece of iron to trigger.
If this works you know your signals are ok.
Now connect the audio channels to the signal input.
m351 should work for you, check help file of playtrigger window.

In some cases you need to lower the voltage of the audio output.
I used a led connected parallel from the signal to ground to get it working.