Author Topic: Idle isseus deu to VE mapping?  (Read 5117 times)

Offline 206Rob

• BHP: 0
Idle isseus deu to VE mapping?
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:35:52 pm »
Hey,

Just completed a turbo conversion on a 206 peug. now trying to get it tuned in. i am completly new with injection, struggling a bit with all parameters.. ???

Think i got the VE map getting there at low revs / pressure, but at idle it runs way to high at RPM. And doesn;t respond to IAC settings. Check for leakages etc, but evrything looks ok.

Could this be deu to a bad VE mapping? Or am i way of with my stepper settings?  :'( 

below link for the log file for those interested:

http://www.4shared.com/file/T3uYJ7JS/v33_n003883-20111008-160610.html

Any help would be appriciated

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Re: Idle isseus deu to VE mapping?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 07:42:01 pm »
you may have some leak or MAP problem.

your car has 100kpa on idle, and that is something i have never seen. Are you using any fancy cams or something??

also during idle, your ignition timing falls to 1deg although you have it set on 11, because idle timing settings seem to try their best to reduce rpm but they cannot do it, even though your timing is at 1deg. I bet your EGTs on there will be very high for idle as well.

your tables are a bit all over the place. Try and make sure that your engine is mechanically sane and your idle valve is plugged in properly. Then you should be seeing lower kpa value on idle and also make sure that the TPS is not staying open as well during idle.

Offline tweak

• BHP: 3
Re: Idle isseus deu to VE mapping?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:51:18 pm »
Looks like you have a problem with your MAP sensor or setup. Check that first. You never gonna get the car running properly with that MAP signal anyway. Unless you have a very strange setup. Can't say i understand that log very well, and i'm surprised that you have an idle at all for that sake. Looks like you have a very rich mixture and no vacuum at all. Maybe the more experienced guys can see something sensible in it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:06:27 pm by tweak »