Author Topic: Config switching - partial fuel cut with throttle jack(ALS)  (Read 4978 times)

Offline curamrdan

• BHP: 0
Config switching - partial fuel cut with throttle jack(ALS)
« on: March 03, 2016, 06:00:30 pm »
Hello, i spotted problem on my setup.
I just installed el.solenoid, which jack my throttle at 15%. And using config B with enabled partial fuel cut (idle treshold rised to 16%, idle PID zeroed, 2200/1100 overrun) which is switched by dual contact switch with the solenoid. ALS is switched independently on another switch(not activated in this situation).
I must open throttle over 15% to let solenoid put stopper in, first. Also its weak solenoid which is not release stopper itself, i must blip throttle again.

My problem is, when i switch to config B, everyting is ok, blib a throttle to jack it, partial fuel cut working, everything ok. But when i switch back to config A, it may logicaly idle RPM go high due still 15% jack. But it wasnt, engine runs very similar as with partial fuel cut - very rought,at similar rpm(but not the same). When i let solenoid release throttle, it stalls, because there is still some fuel cut/missfire even under 1100rpm and 0% tps.

I tested it with disconnected solenoid, just with few % throttle open by foot and realized, when during switch back to config A and im not at 0% tps, it missfiring ect.
Temporary solution is after throttle jack release to 0%(when switched to cfg A) quickly switch back to cfg B, let is settle on idle and then finally switch back to cfg A.
Also there is a progression of cutting/missfiring  when i switch B->A according TPS percentage. When i do it with 15% it stalls immediately, when i do it with few % it has rought on idle.

Do you think its FW problem? Using older 1.2.17fw, its race car, dont need new features and i dont like changing things which worked fine..until today.

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Re: Config switching - partial fuel cut with throttle jack(ALS)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:48:57 pm »
Upload both config and log. I use something similar without a problem.

btw all outputs must be define in both config. If you don't use that output in one config, just put min rpm 25000, but output should be enabled.

Offline curamrdan

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 11:34:28 pm »
Here is a log from 2days ago (difference from today test was idle PID was not zeroed, and unknown partial fuel cut mode percentage - i would like to know what is good for and how to set, was different in configs).

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=41754918625367715058

log including both configs, you see the red marknings, when i switch from A to B...then make a little throttle blip to jack a throttle....after 14sec a switch B to A but throttle jack stay in place, rpm missfired at 3000 , then i blib throttle for jack release and then i must play with a throttle to avoid engine stall...stay at 2000rpm for a moment and stopped the log.

About outputs, i just upload one config in wizard to A+B  and then in B i just activated partial fuel cut ect i noted in first post. So i hope every outputs stay the same.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:37:45 pm by curamrdan »

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:59:04 am »
On first look
fuel cut delay is big
injector dead time is to big.

Offline curamrdan

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 02:02:36 pm »
Do you think it may hve influence on the problem?   Dead times are choosen according datasheet(and rounded up) - 1700cc cng ev14 on 3.8bar fpr. I feel comfortable with fuel cut at that delay, normal cruising. I will try if lower time will have influence on switching problem.

I forgot to mean, when it starts to missfire(or say still partial fuelcutting) when im back at cfg A   i doesnt dissapear over time(ok, i didnt stay on throttle for several minutes...). When i turn ignition key off, and starts again its ok.