Author Topic: odd part throttle complication  (Read 4763 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
odd part throttle complication
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:25:12 pm »
Hi,
i was trying to tune a friends car and i noticed that on partial throttle when coming off a gear change(hence lamda is lean due to overrun fuel cut), it sometimes tends to stay on 1.10-1.15 before EGO can actually reach the specified value which is around 1.04-1.01 (cruise and below 110kpa conditions) and if the throttle is pressed a bit more, this obstacle is overcomed!!

I have increased the accel enrichments but it seems to me that although it helps a bit, its an intermittent problem which still occurs, let alone the fact that the accel enrichments are quite higher than my old setup(same cars/engines/setup).

He is still running 1,1,27 by the way and i didnt have enough time to upgrade it this time,

could this be a TPS/injector/wideband problem? what should i look into, as mapping wise, i have tried all combinations. If anything, if i reach a more lean VE table, it makes it worse.

im sure an upgrade would also help if this is indeed a mapping issue, but i cannot understand that, since the same firmware was working nicely on my car for more than 2 years without any problems like that.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: odd part throttle complication
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 08:47:49 am »
Log?

You need to isolate in the log the area where that occurs and look at various variables to see which one is causing the effect.

Offline AVP

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 09:17:49 am »
im afraid although i have a log, it doesnt show much, as this happens mainly when coming off throttle and at the time frame where the overrun fuel cut turns into the designated VE/lamda area of the map. On the log this looks all normal, and there is nothing unusual happening, but when driving this appears to have some kind of lag into the lean area from 1.29lamda going to say 1,00 lamda where it should be when throttle is pressed, only on the 1.10-1.15 area it seems to stay there a bit longer causing this abnormal hesitatation which is overcome when the throttle is either pressed a bit more, or after 1-2secs it goes away on its own,

im wondering if this is a problem with the TPS itself, although i have calibrated this a couple of times. OR with the wideband...

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 12:34:03 pm »
Post you log and the time this is happening

Offline AVP

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 06:46:00 pm »
hi gunni
did you see the log i sent you?